Dive Location around Lansing??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SOkie

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be traveling to Lansing on Thanksgiving and I'm hoping to get a shore dive in. Are there any locations within 2 hours that offer a good dive? The wife and I will bring 2 tanks each (so we don't need a fill). Coming from the U.P. so I'm used to the cold.

Course, this is all dependent on open water. Last year the lakes up here will still open. If there is a location, I'll repost right before the trip asking everyone if we can still dive.

Appreciate any suggestions....

My girlfriend lives in Lansing. We don't know of any close dive opportunities but just in case you need a gas fill here is the address for ZZ Underworld. They will do fills while you wait.

Z Z Underwater World
Address: 1806 E Michigan Ave, Lansing, MI 48912
Phone: (517) 485-3894

We will be doing a river dive in the St. Joseph river in Benton Harbor on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It is not much to see, just rocks and mud and whatever has been thrown in since our last dive. Any and all are welcome to join us.

If you want to head down to Monroe there's a large quarry that opened up to diving this summer. The viz will probably be good then.

Retro:
http://divemonroe.com/

That's the link to the quarry. There's been some recent discussions about it here lately too. Just search on Monroe or look through the GLWC forum.

Thanks... I really appreciate the help..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom