Dive Log pages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BECAUSE walter.. julie states..

Originally posted by JustJules
I wanted a dedicated space to put oxygen percentage (for nitrox dives). That's what got me started on this project...

so get off your high horse.. Stop, Think, Act.

I do not believe that the PADI adventure log has everything that Julie wishes to have; I use that log and have been meaning for some time now to design my own pages because they do not offer everything that I would like to put on it. I have made little scribbles all over them to denote the data I wish to keep; I think that I would like to have dedicated slots for that data.

I think that a dive log is pretty personal and that each person is going to want something different; thus I do not belive that a mass production product is going to work for everyone (as noted in the above posts and flames). If everyone just stayed with what their OW certification agency's guidelines, perhaps a mass production product from that agency would work. However, people tend to grow and wish to take on new challenges, which in turn requires more and/or new data that the original recreational OW log book pages may not offer space for. Thus, an electronic log book that one could modify for different types of diving that that one individual does would be prime. I am awaiting to see Walter's spreadsheet to see if I can utilize it or modify it for my diving situations.

Has anyone used the SeaWolff software?

Is it a full moon or something? I didn't mean to open Pandora's Box here, I was just trying to figure out what I might be forgetting before I commit my new design to paper. Part of what I want to do with this log is include everything I do want and remove everything I don't use. I like the idea of efficiency like that.

I'm afraid I'm kind of old-fashioned in wanting a printed dive log. I'm one of those who will probably never warm up to ebooks either. I like the idea of a pen and paper writing the chronicle of my adventures. :D

Walter, regarding SAC, I was under the impression (as I think I said in my first post on the subject) that SAC was supposed to be measured in cuft/minute. I hadn't heard of the RMV term before, but that's what I was taught was called SAC. I use different sized tanks, so psi/min really wouldn't be accurate for me. Thanks for the offer of the spreadsheet, but I wrote one myself a while back so I didn't have to whip out a calculator each time I wanted to log a dive.

Julie

This my custom made log page with focus on having a large empty area for notes and sketches, yet contain as much information as possible in the header.
It contains all info that I am interested in, YMMV.
It is made in A6 format, 4 on each A4 paper.
Illustrator CS2 format, compatible with pdf.

http://www.rohlen.se/bilder/shagra2005/source/divelog.html

rstone:
Actually PADI does make one. Its there adventure dive log book pages. Its for those 3 ring binder longbooks. If you find a PADI shop they can order them for you. Heres the info:

70066 Adventure Log Enriched Air Module MSRP $8.10
====================================
Those are the larger format 8" x 10" sized pages though ...correct ??

'Slogger

I used all of the fancy pages for years. Now I have a notebook from Walmart for 50 cents and log my dives in it.

1FullSizeRender.jpg2FullSizeRender.jpg3FullSizeRender.jpg4FullSizeRender.jpg5FullSizeRender.jpg
here is my take on homeade dive log pages

Back
Top Bottom