dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hold your horses. You did not get ripped off.

Some lds/instrs include a Dive Log and some don't. Depends on the price you paid. Some require you buy or have any number of items that others don't.

Examples are dive knife, slate or such. You can down load dive log pages or buy a basic or fancy one.

You should have one but what type is up to you. I highly recommend new divers use them for information sake.

Last edited:
We create an electronic logbook from the dives that we download for our students.

Was this option available?

The dive shop I work with requires students to have one. Ask the shop that trained you if it was supposed to be included. If not I highly suggest getting one. It will really help you keep track of your no deco limit if you are using tables. Even if you are not it is a useful reference that will help you keep track of your diving.

EVERYBODY should use a traditional paper log book. None of this computer crap. Log all dives (NO, NOT POOL DIVES). Record details. Attempt to get signatures when you have a buddy (write in SOLO dive if no buddy. No FAKING of signatures). Then Xerox each full page, cut it out, and place in your lead firebox in case the house burns and you lose the traditional log book. No, I donnot have that OCS (is that right???--ADT???) that my wife says I have (obsessive compulsive blah blah blah).

EVERYBODY should use a traditional paper log book. None of this computer crap. Log all dives (NO, NOT POOL DIVES). Record details. Attempt to get signatures when you have a buddy (write in SOLO dive if no buddy. No FAKING of signatures). Then Xerox each full page, cut it out, and place in your lead firebox in case the house burns and you lose the traditional log book. No, I donnot have that OCS (is that right???--ADT???) that my wife says I have (obsessive compulsive blah blah blah).
Computer Crap?? Seriously??? I can log a TON of more detailed info on this "Computer Crap" then I could ever do on a piece of paper...

ComputerCrap.jpg

Every one to his own, computers crash, paper burns!

Personally I have all of mine on paper, there were no dive computers when I started, and its fun reading what some buddies wrote in there during special dives etc.

Just my 2 fils worth :D

Reactions: Jax
Im positive it was an open water certification for one reason being they offer ad vanced open water nitrox rescue diver and such. and honestly im wondering if it is legitamint. they didnt ever mention logging your dives. how ever we did do our 5 dives and practice our skills and what not. he taught us how to use a dive chart so we know how long to stay down. the course was only 100 dollars. so maybe its like islandheart said. and beaver they never offered that.

I would suggest contacting NAUI and describe what the course was like and mention that you are uncomfortable with the training you received. I am not familiar with their training standards, but I know PADI requires all dives to be logged as part of each dive.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=17.750793,-64.895402

Back
Top Bottom