dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MY SSI course we had the option to buy the expensive logbook or cheap one. The expensive one came with a nice zip up cover and all. Our tables and such were included in this. All of my certification dives are in there with the instructors signature. However, he has a SSI training folder that is the "real" record of our training and that has copies of the paperwork he had to complete to send to SSI. Nothing from the log book was sent to them. But, my certification with the log book, course and certification dives was around $400 and that did not include the mask, fins and booties I bought. After reading stories like yours, I feel it was worth it.

Computer Crap?? Seriously??? I can log a TON of more detailed info on this "Computer Crap" then I could ever do on a piece of paper...
I second that!

divepal_cozumel_dt.jpg

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Reactions: Jax
I second that!

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Yeah, but my dive buddy can sign my log and use a cool stamp if he has one! :) BTW, I plan on using both in case I need to show proof of dives to some operator and I like recording odd things in written form in the log.

so the dive master was just logging our dives i didnt know of that :O he gave ne a little dive book and he will log the dives i did for me :)

EVERYBODY should use a traditional paper log book. None of this computer crap. Log all dives (NO, NOT POOL DIVES). Record details. Attempt to get signatures when you have a buddy (write in SOLO dive if no buddy. No FAKING of signatures). Then Xerox each full page, cut it out, and place in your lead firebox in case the house burns and you lose the traditional log book. No, I donnot have that OCS (is that right???--ADT???) that my wife says I have (obsessive compulsive blah blah blah).

That's somewhat of a blanket ridiculous statement. Sorry but EVERYBODY doesn’t necessarily need to use paper logs. Computer logs work great for many of us.

i cant lie those logs the two people posted look intimidating lol

Now that would be a cool addition to the DivePal (or any other dive logging software)! Digital signatures so dive buddies can just email you a copy of their log and you put your "stamp" on it... Then you get all the detail of the digital log plus a buddy signature. They could even be verified if someone was so inclined...

That's somewhat of a blanket ridiculous statement. Sorry but EVERYBODY doesn’t necessarily need to use paper logs. Computer logs work great for many of us.

I think you missed that he's being sarcastic.

(or i hope so?)

Why does a log need to be signed ? I am guessing it is only there for your own future reference ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom