Dive Op recommendation in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parrot Tree is a tougher location to even find a nearby dive operator let alone a good one. This unfortunately looks like yours: Family Dive Adventutres - Dive Roatan at Parrot Tree Plantation Not exactly the Aldora experience...

The next bay east is Media Luna Resort - Aqua Adventures is their on-site operator Aqua Adventures Roatan, Daily Diving, Padi Scuba Courses, Bay Islands Tours & Sport Fishing

The other option might be to drive across to Black Pearl at Pristine Bay. http://www.blackpearldivers.com/ They may also keep a boat in French Harbour which is a short drive west from Parrot Tree. I marked French Harbour with a red X on this map:

roatan.jpg

+1 for Barefoot Divers also. They're 5mins. off Mary's Place, one of the better dives. my group was their entire business one morning - it's a smaller boutique resort and not everyone dives so if there was a time limit, no one told us.

Our s/w mangles the size of images so open it in a new window and zoom to see all the resorts named/located.

Aldora means dive your brains out on big steel 120s a
I've never seen big any steel tanks on Roatan. Have dove with AL100's personally. Maybe Go Pro Honduras or the other tech shop has some. They're both in the West End though - too far to drive from Parrot Tree. Driving in general on Roatan isn't always the best idea...

Last edited:
Mike's absolutely right. I'm not looking for 'valet' service (I can carry my own gear), but I am looking for someone who's going to get me out to the sites I want to dive.

I have to ask: What site(s) do you want to dive that you feel some operators might not get you to them?

Reactions: Doc
I have to ask: What site(s) do you want to dive that you feel some operators might not get you to them?

Probably the ones that aren't beat down by every DSD and once-a-year divers that cycle through the island.

the one i posted, is just 4 or 5 people and a boat. they will help you with your gear, there is a small cheap/nice cabin hotel right on site too.

Coconut Tree Divers goes there from the West End. We have with them.

It's the east end of West Bay so Mayan Divers, Bananarama:
Mary's Place, Hole in the Wall, Spooky Channel, El Aguila Wreck, Pablo's Place, Texas, and Deep Sea Quest

or other Wet Bay operators likely go there often. Bananarama's list is almost short list of the best of west end diving except Mary's is on the south side.

Native Sons dive operation is owned by Alvin Jackson, a native of Roatan who has worked in Diving for more that 20 Years and is an excellent Dive Master. I dove with him when he worked at Roatan Beach Resort. He REALLY knows Roatan.

I dove with sun divers for 3 weeks in May. I really recommend them. You need to get your own accommodation though, I'm not familiar with the places you mentioned and I am not sure if you are looking for more of a resort. I am sure if you contact them and ask they will be able to bring you to the sites you want. I dove ones mentioned sites in the thread like Texas, El Aguila etc with them (dependent on weather). I haven't gone with other shops on the island but Sun Divers were fantastic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom