Dive op roll call!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bottom Time Divers

We like to dive with Raul, the owner and long time DM, whom we have known for about 16 years and I am guessing around 500 dives. He loves to dive, finds all manner of fish and small stuff, doesn't dive fast, is safety minded and is just a decent guy.

We get to choose the dive sites and dive our tank/computer. I get 100 Cu ft tanks. He also washes and stores our gear.

His boat is a six pack type and was recently renovated last November. SI's are generally on a beach or pier. He gets me oversized rinse containers for my oversized camera.

Aldora,

We liked the steel tanks so much we bought our own. Too heavy to take on dive trips though...:tongue:

Plus Aldora divers are a really nice bunch. :banana:

Scuba Club Cozumel

In all fairness, Scuba Club is the only place I have experienced in Cozumel.
I'll be making my 5th trip there in March. Perhaps down the line I will give
some others a try, but so far Scuba Club has met all my needs.

Why do I like Scuba Club:

* friendly staff - every one of them :D
* great food with a variety of choices
* clean spacious rooms
* no phones or TV's in the rooms :wink:
* great divemasters
* great boats
* all the great people from all over the U.S. and Canada that I have met there

Divegoose

Blue XTSea for me. I like to stay in town, and they pick me up at the Aldora Pier or arrange transportation to the boat, Bandida II, which has just been refurbished and is now nearly as fast as Alison's Maximus :wink: Great Divemaster, Pedro Pablo, and Captain Nivo, and I have made lots of friends on the boat that I look forward to seeing again each trip.

Blue XTSea. Christi takes care of you. Pedro and Nivo are the best.

The Maximus is pretty fast, I have always thought so as the Skinny Shark passed her. There is something to behold when you have a short cocky Mayan (Chan Fran),with many years experience on the local water, in control of a 300 HP Yamaha.

The Maximus is pretty fast, I have always thought so as the Skinny Shark passed her. There is something to behold when you have a short cocky Mayan (Chan Fran),with many years experience on the local water, in control of a 300 HP Yamaha.

In the words of the esteemed long time Mayan Capitan Carlos running the Maximus, "Oh, Gopbroek, please......" You can wiix in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up first! If you passed us we were stopped or going slow to fill out dive paperwork. I will give you the Shark has some speed to her and is a nice boat. However that single 300 doesn't stand a chance again the twin 200hp screaming on the back of the Max. And the Max is converted from the MX version of a Bertram Sport fishing boat so it is built for speed. The Shark doesn't have the build to compare. Any chop will slow it. I don't know who would come in second to the Max but I sure wouldn't bet against the Shark It was always moving good when we blow by it.

And I got the case of beer or maybe we can you and your Capi and me and mine can meet at the Cantina for dice and you buying all the beer? Then we all wiix....

:drunks:

Living Underwater but, since I haven't used other ops, there is a bias. That being said...why Jeremy: Very fast and extremely comfortable boat, exceptional and friendly crew of Captain Edgar and Ricardo, steel 120's...dive your air or computer, outstanding owner/divemaster Jeremy who excels at finding stuff...large and small. Valet dive operator that picks you up at your hotel/condo/dock and, once you hand over your gear on day one, you let them care for it. I believe that they are the only valet dive op that cares for all your gear overnight...including wetsuits and, the next day, it is cleaned, dry and ready to go...pressed and starched if you want! (just kidding but almost) On the last trip I accompanied Jeremy to his storage area at the caleta and was more than impressed at the care given to the dive gear he stores for the guests.

He has a great assortment of baked goods, fruits and drinks for between dives and takes very long surface intervals ashore at a number of beach clubs. Fresh towels and comfy parkas to take away the chill between and after dives. No surcharges for dives that take you far to the north or south. No matter where I have stayed on the island I am usually the first diver to leave in the morning and the last to return in the afternoon. Tons of bottom time with an owner who cares about his guests. Certainly, on this board, you read about loyalty to many other operators and they are most likely deserved but I see no compelling reason to change my preference in dive ops.

Back
Top Bottom