Dive op roll call!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, another op that doesn't get enough love: Sea Robin. Eduardo is a terrific dive master and just generally an upstanding individual. Their boat is an oversized panga. Sort of between the 6 pack and something like the Shark. Nice boat. I don't know how fast. Only did night dives at Paradise off the Ballena. Dove some with him off the Max too.

Roberta's Scuba Shack. Fast 6 packs, great dive masters, always treat us like family.

Hey Gopbroek,

Since you dared to question the size of his Yamaha(s), Capitan Carlos shared some video evidence for you:

[youtubehq]ZwUmdSfo1i8[/youtubehq]
Nice look at the Shark

[youtubehq]bHouYucttR4[/youtubehq]
It is all in the Twins.

[youtubehq]lTdyb4AhvRo[/youtubehq]
Friendly wave and encouragement!

I use Chucho Underwater.

For my first certified dive (2010) I read on this site that Allison was the one to go to. When I contacted Allison, they were going to be closed or on vacation that week and recommended that I contact Chucho.

Great recommendation. As a single, brand new diver Chucho took me under his wing and introduced me to the underwater world of Cozumel. He has a small 6 pack boat and takes care of his customers very well.

He now has an assistant Jessica Schaefer that now provides an extra level of personal service.

FWIW, I always dive from small boats, but their boats' relative speed is way down on my list of priorities when I am choosing a dive op.

FWIW, I always dive from small boats, but their boats' relative speed is way down on my list of priorities when I am choosing a dive op.

I got Margs waitings. I can't be fooling around. I gotta get lunch, get a marg, clean up, get the wife a nap and be ready for dinner. Not enough time in my vakay day. :) And I don't know I would want a really fast panga either. The fast ones we pass seem to be delivering a BEATING.... And I even understand the people that like the slow huge boats, it just isn't me. But then I do like the ferry coming to Coz rather than a quick flight from Mayair.

And Gopbroek are just waiving our SMB at each other like guys do. (Though I do expect him to show up at the cantina and pay for the beer.....)

The Maximus is pretty fast, I have always thought so as the Skinny Shark passed her. There is something to behold when you have a short cocky Mayan (Chan Fran),with many years experience on the local water, in control of a 300 HP Yamaha.

The Maximus flew by the Skinny Shark at the end of a dive day when I was on the Shark... And we were already going pretty damn fast.

And boat speed is something I am concerned about when picking an op, but between the two of them, it barely matters.

I found the Maximus to be a much smoother ride than the front of the Shark, but once I sat or stood in the back- no problem. And if you do want to stretch your legs out, you can't stand on the Maximus when it's going.

I liked all the room to gear up on the shark, but I enjoyed the soda's passed on on the SI on the Max....

And both Captains are pretty awesome and very skilled.

There are just too many good dive ops out there.

Dive House....but since I've turned into a "townie," it's a long haul on their big boats to the dive sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom