Dive opportunities in Sarasota / Venice, Fl area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gene1948:
Hi. I am a brand newbie and will be in the Siesta Key, Florida area in mid-October. I would appreciate any advise on a good divemaster / dive center in that area who could take care of an eager but very unexperienced diver on a few shallow first dives. Are there wrecks or other 20- 30 ft dives in that area that would be a good experience to get me started. Thanks in advance for your suggestions on where to dive there and dive shop contacts. My wife is terrified of the water, so I will be have to try to locate a buddy too. After final open water dives, really looking forward to a REAL dive experience!!

Come out and dive with the Conch crew... we're always planning something there, especially beach dives. My wife and I are both divers as well so perhaps we can get her in the water with my wife to help over come that fear... my wife was like a remora to me the first dozen or so dives in the VB area.

No real wrecks in that area, some artificial reefs a few miles out though. Most of the diving in Sarasota county is centered around fossiling and sharks teeth. :)

There is the sugar barge in Bradenton.

CBulla:
Come out and dive with the Conch crew... we're always planning something there, especially beach dives. My wife and I are both divers as well so perhaps we can get her in the water with my wife to help over come that fear... my wife was like a remora to me the first dozen or so dives in the VB area.

No real wrecks in that area, some artificial reefs a few miles out though. Most of the diving in Sarasota county is centered around fossiling and sharks teeth. :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom