Dive Ops in Destin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knight1989:
In defense of Emerald Coast, they do run outside of the harbor nearly everyday. Thier flagship boat the Aquanaut will hardley ever run inshore or even to the jetties. The reason that their website says only jetties trips right now is the aquanaut engines blew a while back and thier other boat cant go off shore. I spoke with Lynn at Emerald coast last week and was told that the aquanaut was fixed and running again.

Thanks very much for the updated info on Emerald Coast

Knight1989:
In defense of Emerald Coast, they do run outside of the harbor nearly everyday. Thier flagship boat the Aquanaut will hardley ever run inshore or even to the jetties. The reason that their website says only jetties trips right now is the aquanaut engines blew a while back and thier other boat cant go off shore. I spoke with Lynn at Emerald coast last week and was told that the aquanaut was fixed and running again.

That explains why I never saw the Aquanut leave the jetties.. :D

I didn't know they had gotten another boat...

what did they get? (or is this a snorkle customer type boat).

Yea its a snorkel boat, a large pontoon type called the "down under" if I remimber right. They usually use it for the snorkel trips and OW classes to the jetties. The aquanaut will go to the jetties if they are doing classes, like AOW where one dive is down thier(nav or search) and the others are done out in the gulf. Not saying that the aquanaut wont go to the jetties, but if they have a paying dive trip, its going off shore and the down under will stay in.

mike_s:
Emerald Coast's shop is harder to find as it's on the "backside" of another building, so get directions or use Maquest or something, as it's not easily seen from the street

SuPrBuGmAn:
Emerald Coast is easy to find, they have a very obvious sign and dive flag on that big new building they are inside of...

Yeup.... I noticed their large sign they had out yesterday. It faces the street though instead of facing traffic. FYI so the original poster will know where to look, look for the Taco Bell sign right next door and you can's miss the Emerald Coast sign right afterwards on the right (if you're headed west on hwy 98)

hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom