Dive Optiks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had no problem with wife's lenses lifting even when soaked or stored wet.

Perhaps you could try a conventional glueless installation followed by a couple days in a dry place (do you have them in the PNW?) to take a good set. Then a small bead of sealant (silicone maybe) around the edge might keep water from repenatrating.

I haven't tried the glue that Goeduck recommended but I got tiered of messing with the things. they would stick just long enough to fool you into thinking they would stay and then...they fall out. Finally I just had prescription lenses put in my mask. I can't read anything without corrective lenses and it just isn't worth the hassle to me.

... glue by another name is Cyanoacrylate.

I thought about using some of that since I keep it in my dive bag for finishing knots (works great on caveline) but wasn't sure if it would either stick to or disolve the soft plastic lenses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom