Dive Plans For This Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are no "No Parking" signs that I can remember. We did a VW cruise about a month ago and parked our cars under the bridge where the entry would be and I don't remember anything there that warned of not parking.

You can park pretty much on the water and enter right under the bridge.

In the pictures above is that where the two white Vans are on the North Shore?

There are no "No Parking" signs that I can remember. We did a VW cruise about a month ago and parked our cars under the bridge where the entry would be and I don't remember anything there that warned of not parking.

You can park pretty much on the water and enter right under the bridge.

Yeah, pretty much anywhere under there. We actually parked directly under the bridge, but there isn't really any plotted parking areas, so where ever you feel comfortable. Off the west side of the bridge(P'Cola side) there is some rubble from where one of the older bridges stood, also a half sunken barge and a seemingly good entry point.

Bring a flag, lots of boat traffic. Its FL, so keep in mind fishing regulations that apply.

Dude that's right down the street from where I work, I had no idea it was divable!

I just don't have the energy to properly prepare and drag my boat down there, but I would be willing to part with a few bucks for a tampoon boat rental. I'd also be up for any shore dives you guys may be interested in.

What about the bridge that connects Perdido to Pensacola? Any interest in diving it? If not this weekend, perhaps the near future?

I know that algulfdiver dives this bridge here and there, maybe if you PM him you can get some good info on the dive.

Ft Pickens tides:

Sa 13 Low 9:01 AM -0.8 6:37 AM Set 7:45 AM 99
13 High 9:34 PM 1.5 4:50 PM Rise 6:01 PM

Su 14 Low 10:02 AM -0.8 6:38 AM Set 8:42 AM 97
14 High 10:29 PM 1.4 4:50 PM Rise 7:15 PM

Low tides are in the morning. Would you guys be interested in going out there on Sunday by shuttle. We just drive our cars up to the chicken bone beach parking lot and the shuttle takes us to Ft. pickens from there. Just let me know what you guys think, im going back to bed :coffee: I have to work again tonight.

What about the bridge that connects Perdido to Pensacola? Any interest in diving it? If not this weekend, perhaps the near future?

That can be a good dive and is normaly more forgiving than other sites. But with all the rain and run off you get what U get.
I'd say other beach dives will most likely be crappy.
I go on the south west side of the bridge, You will see where the old road was. You can park at the end .

Well now I'm confused on what to do. Ft. Pickens with Shuttle service or the Bridge. What say ye scallywags?

Things don't look too nice atm......

SATURDAY
EAST WINDS 20 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. BAYS AND COASTAL
WATERWAYS CHOPPY TO ROUGH.

SATURDAY NIGHT
EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS DECREASING TO AROUND 15
KNOTS AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. BAYS AND COASTAL WATERWAYS
CHOPPY TO ROUGH.

SUNDAY
EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET. BAYS AND
COASTAL WATERWAYS CHOPPY TO ROUGH.

That's a shot of the Theo Baars Bridge. You can park on Tranquility Lane and walk down. Watch for broken glass and sharp debris as you make you way to the water, and after you enter. It's a popular drinking/hell raising spot and has the trash to prove it. Once under water, there is fishing line, etc to watch out for, but all-in-all, it's not a bad spot, if you can't get out on a boat. Out by the bridge fenders you will find a lot of sheepshead, if you are into that sort of thing. It is tide dependent and you must use a dive flag, though it is certainly no guarantee of safety in this heavily traveled corridor. Stay low and close to the shore before surfacing. It used to be used as a site for open water check-out dives, when we couldn't get out elsewhere. Not so much anymore, but can still be a good dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom