Dive Propulsion Vehicle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But can they do this?
jet-pack.jpg

:rofl2: So we need a company called Q branch to start making DPV.... get your list of feature requests ready.

Yeah, I'm hoping to fit my DPV with cruise missles. Would come in very handy eliminating pesky fishermen from my jetty during lobster season!

launch200.jpg

I just won a new AV2 Apollo scooter at UW Sports Divers Fair a couple of weeks ago. Thanks Apollo!!!!

Have tried it a couple of times, using the saddle. It is interesting to ride it, I feel like a (un)guided missile! It's a little impractical with drysuited cold water divers with the increased drag, but the scooter has plenty of power, it dragged three of us up current last weekend no problem (see below link to blog entry).

I want to find a way to carry my still camera while exploring, then drop the scooter to take pictures and continue on. I am thinking about the mod that some guys have done; adding a ubolt to the back of the shroud to clip a harness through.

Also I saw that there was an inflatable "bra" like attachment for the AV1, so that if on the surface you could drop it and float it. I'm wondering if that will fit the AV2.

Any other owners of the AV2 out there? I'd love to trade some info and tips.

Jack

How about a K10 Hydrospeeder? As used by Angelina Jolie in the first few minutes of Tomb Raider II (crap movie, but the Hydrospeeders are fun – and Jolie looks damn fine in a silver wetsuit...).

I've had a go on one of these things and, man, they could cause you serious injury as they are a git to control. You lay on them on your front, with your head behind a little motorcycle-like windscreen fairing, the cylinder is mounted in the body of the unit, so the reg comes out just infront of you (you do not want to fall off at depth...), you control vanes like on a sub with your hands, and then two props with your feet.

Huge amounts of fun, but very very fast (8 knots) and waaaaayyyyy expensive... $12,000 if I remember rightly...

Haven't seen 'em around for a few years, so dunno if they are still in existence...

Divernet had something on it back in the late 1990s...

www.divernet.com/bubbling/bub198.htm

Like having your own sub...

Cool...

Mark

Or a DPV built for 2:

signal_e_a000561933.JPG

and you can launch it from a Los Angelas class Submarine. Runs around 100K

rapidiver:
Or a DPV built for 2:

signal_e_a000561933.JPG

Doesn't *QUITE* fit in the overhead on those Carribbean trips down to Coz tho...:D

I think that one ALREADY comes equipped with cruise missiles.. maybe anti-shipping mines...

D.

rapidiver:
Or a DPV built for 2:

signal_e_a000561933.JPG

Just hop on one the Atlantis submarines crusing tourists around. You can fit the whole group on the observation deck. :D

TheRedHead:
Just hop on one the Atlantis submarines crusing tourists around. You can fit the whole group on the observation deck. :D

I've heard about those

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom