Dive Report, Hydro, etc...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great reports, Rick! (& thanks to Brian for the calrification- never knew that)

It was wonderful to finally meet you & Priscilla & so cool to see true courtliness in action!

Great reports, Rick! (& thanks to Brian for the calrification- never knew that)

It was wonderful to finally meet you & Priscilla & so cool to see true courtliness in action!
Back at you! Looking forward to the dive tonight... full moon... warm water... clear water... 21w HID...:eyebrow:

If I could tech dive in clear, 78 degree water, I might be tempted to learn how . . .

Went diving with HowardE today. The goal was for for him to teach me all about Florida Spear fishing.

On the boat ride out, he showed me how to load the gun, how to hold it, how to aim it, how to use the safety, how to bring in the fish and how to kill it. He described the fish we would kill.

I just finished a delicious plate of BBQ'd pork ribs.

:shakehead:

Thanks, Howard! :D

Sounds like some good diving. Wish I knew you were in town, would have loved to meet ya. Oh, well, maybe next time! :wink:

Went diving with HowardE today. The goal was for for him to teach me all about Florida Spear fishing.

On the boat ride out, he showed me how to load the gun, how to hold it, how to aim it, how to use the safety, how to bring in the fish and how to kill it. He described the fish we would kill.

Thats the way it usually is when Chip's not around....

</ducking>

:rofl3:

Now in his defense, he lent me a gun, showed me how to load it, off I went on my own and I shot a 22lb Black Grouper :popcorn:

BTW, They will drop you again, if you miss the wreck and come right back up.

My second dive on the Hydro was from a smaller boat (don&#8217;t remember the name), owned by Capt. Paul. This was obviously a spear fishing boat, and the other three divers were all diving single tanks with ponies, using air for backgas, and their only goal was to kill fish and send them up.

How was Captain Paul's boat as far the set-up, tank storage, boarding, etc.??

He's kinda new around here but I like the idea of three six-pack boats working in the area.

I did my tmx/wreck courses in Pompano Beach and I must say that the diving there is very different...Spent about a month there in total, "smartbombing"...

The first time I heard a briefing that went something like this:
"When I say jump, we jump in and descend about 80ft/min until we hit the wreck at around 200ft, If we miss the wreck we head straight up and drop again"...I was sure I was having my leg pulled...

:rofl3:

Now in his defense, he lent me a gun, showed me how to load it, off I went on my own and I shot a 22lb Black Grouper :popcorn:

BTW, They will drop you again, if you miss the wreck and come right back up.

Yeah, the legend of your Grouper was told, and told again. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom