Dive Resorts in Subic Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, there's plenty of families, local and foreign, who stay in the likes of Arizona, Blue Rock and Johan's - but also the older, single-male type also. They're not raucous, loud or obnoxious places.

Vascos is a quieter place...no bars nearby... but no beach etc.

Ocean Adventure has a dive center attached to their resort... nice beaches also. It's remote in the bay though.

I dived with Johans in March and found them to be a good operation. The dives were well organised and the dive masters efficient and friendly. There were tow dives in the morning.. Starting at 9am, and diving in the afternoon was also possible according to demand. The cost was 1000 peso per dive.. I had all my own gear. I stayed at Sheavens and paid 1800 peso per night for a well appointed room with air conditioning. This was a 5 to 10 minute walk from Johans, and was no problem since all kit could be left there overnight. incidentally.. It might be worth checking whether the New York is open for diving.. It wasn't when I was there which was a shame since it was the main reason for my visit to Subic.

It might be worth checking whether the New York is open for diving.. It wasn't when I was there which was a shame since it was the main reason for my visit to Subic.

The USS New York was closed for diving for several months at the beginning of this year - due to investigations/surveys being carried out by the National Museum and US Navy, following a spate of illegal salvage of metal from wreck that local authorities failed to prevent (despite the wreck lying only 300m in clear view in front of their offices). It is normally accessible year-round.

yes i have stayed and dive with them only stayed one night then moved to blue rock which i found much better

Good inputs, DevonDiver! I will also be in Subic this weekend, hopefully I can steal a dive or two. My only dives in Subic were with Boardwalk team, and it was a pleasant first time wreck experience being inside LST and New York. :cool2:
Any new highlights that I shouldn't miss?

I just got back from Subic - enjoyed some nice dives with both Arizona and Johan's over 6 days. I didn't get chance to dive with Boardwalk on this trip (I normally do tech/sidemount stuff there).

Viz isn't great at the moment (wind/heavy rains) - New York @ ~5m, LST @~15m and Japanese Patrol Boat @~10m.

Did a really nice dive on the USS Lanakai - that's worth checking out, if you're good for a 36m dive.

Is it worth going to subic during the summer , given the rainy season and potential typhoons etc?
Is Arizona as good as Johans and Blue rock - in terms of boat/Instructor?

Yes, but I'm wondering if the visibility and the potential typhoon may warrant a trip during the winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom