Dive sites Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

South of Orange Beach and Pensacola, there are so many spots it would take a lifetime to dive them all. South of Dauphin Island there are scores of rigs and bottom spots to dive as well, but the lists above are some of the better spots. Destin has a limited number of spots, but they are relatively close to shore, so your turn around time is a bit quicker.

The trips that are on my "Must-Dive" List are:

Oriskany √
Avocet
USS Massachusetts
Active Oil/Gas Rig √
Chevron Oil Rig
Suspension Bridge Span √

I've dove some of these, and was not disappointed, the rest I'll get to this year as long as my money holds out :wink:

I feel so left out, no one likes quarries anymore? :depressed:

Lol. still dive the bottoms out of the quarries.............Just looking for fun full weekend'er trips. Feel not alone, you will be seeing many of us often. Lol

Ken

Destin close:

DestinArea.jpg

Destin far:

DestinBigPicture.jpg

Pensacola, Orange Beach over to Destin:

Welcome to MBT Dive and Surf!* Pensacola Florida (850) 455-7702

From Destin the trip to the Timber Holes, for scale, is about a 55 mile (approx) round trip last time I did it in my 19 foot Boston Whaler. It was a smooth ride out and a slug fest coming back with green water teasing the bow.

N

Nevermind - I just spoke to someone and they said the tanks were spread apart so far that it wasn't a good site - like a mile apart - who came up with that cr*p? Who is the best charter to dive the miss louise?

ive been out on the y-knot to the ydt's and it was a good boat, great captain and dive master who knows the way around the sites. its a 29' catamaran with twin 250's. fast and rather smooth ride considering the waves we went through. they had bagels and water for the divers and was great in every way. this is just my experience with them. ive heard good from the boats that mtb uses as well as other that dive pro uses.

call Scubatech about the Miss Louise.

For Orange Beach, and Pensacola you'll also do well with Gary's Gulf Divers and the Y-Knot. Both run cats, so they can handle the seas well, and both have good vittles for your surface interval. There are probably other fine operations, but these are the three I'm most familiar with.

Nevermind - I just spoke to someone and they said the tanks were spread apart so far that it wasn't a good site - like a mile apart - who came up with that cr*p? Who is the best charter to dive the miss louise?

We have about 100+ army tanks out of OBA and we DO HAVE a site that has 3 close together and it IS a great dive site.
Come on over and dive'em with us.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom