Dive with Martin? No recent posts...opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasscuba:
Well we just booked them for 6 days of 2 tank diving with 1 free night dive and 1 free video of dive for $310 per person on fast boats. Never dove with them but they are probably better than or equal to Dive Paradise whom I have dove with numerous times so we will see. We are staying at Hotel Cozumel and resort so they do pick us up.

That's a very good price. We were at Hotel Coz last month and used DP early fast boats and service was great. The dock is pretty high and it can be a big step down to the fast boats. The hotel has rinse tanks and fresh showers right near the dock. I'm not sure if the dive lockers are for only DP customers but I got one at checkin without mentioning who I was diving with.

ReefHound:
That's a very good price. We were at Hotel Coz last month and used DP early fast boats and service was great. The dock is pretty high and it can be a big step down to the fast boats. The hotel has rinse tanks and fresh showers right near the dock. I'm not sure if the dive lockers are for only DP customers but I got one at checkin without mentioning who I was diving with.

I have used the lockers before. You have to be staying at the Hotel to get one.

My wife and I have used DWM for the last 3 years. They are great. DM Orlando is great, get him if you can.

Dove with DWM in August.For the price you can't beat them. Dive packages include a free video and night dive and their price per dive is already less expensive than most of the other ops. Their shop is at the international pier but they pick up at all the Southern resorts. Boats were fast and clean however some of them are not covered.DM's were all profesional and I would definitely dive with them again. I agree Orlando is very cool. Have a great trip.

I will look up Orlando when I arrive. Thanks.

I concur with the posters that recommended DWM/Orlando. The other DMs we used from DWM are good too, but Orlando seemed to have a remarkable knowledge of and rapport with the sea life. We use DWM each time we are in Cozumel.

Orlando and David are our two favorite DM's of Martin's, both really seem to care about the client having a good dive, they show up every day with smiles on their faces and do an excellent job in and out of the water.

Get David to blow some air rings, he's gotten VERY good at it!

We are booked at the Iberostar in Nov and I am wondering if we can actually avoid going to the Dive with Martin Dive Shop (to save the $35-40 taxi fee) just to pay & sign up.
I was planning on paying for the 5 day package when the boat picks us up from the dock, & signing the liability form at that time. Has anyone been able to do this?

Also, it seems at least one dive shop does not go to the Iberostar for pick up which is BlueXTSea which on their www site state "» Hotel pier pick-up (downtown pier and all hotel piers south of town EXCEPT the Iberostar)". Does anyone know why?

Glenn

Glenn777:
Also, it seems at least one dive shop does not go to the Iberostar for pick up which is BlueXTSea which on their www site state "» Hotel pier pick-up (downtown pier and all hotel piers south of town EXCEPT the Iberostar)". Does anyone know why?

Glenn

The Iberostar tries to steer business toward Dressel (their in-house op) and away from other ops. They employ a number of different tactics to do this (one of them is to charge other ops a fee to pick up and deliver divers at their pier), and some of the ops on Cozumel refuse to play their game.

sasscuba:
I have used the lockers before. You have to be staying at the Hotel to get one.

Some of the dive operators will store you gear for you and have it on the boat when they pick you up. That is a much better way than hauling the soggy stuff to the hotel and using the shower to clean it. I would check and see if that have that service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom