Dive with Martin? No recent posts...opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I couldn't help but notice when I checked his website a few weeks ago that he lost his wife recently. The scuba club I'm a member of has used him the last few years. He's the only one I've dove with in Cozumel, but I can't say I have any complaints.

One thing I really liked was the DM's always noticed I had a camera and would come find me to point out interesting things to shoot.

Fin59:
We have been using Martin for several years and have only good things to say about them. Ask for Orlando or Pablo.
Have a great trip!

I second that!!! IMHO it would be Orlando, David then Pablo in order of preference for a DM.

okiejeff:
I second that!!! IMHO it would be Orlando, David then Pablo in order of preference for a DM.

Thanks okiejeff,
Sounds like you have dived with each DM.
Do they all speak good English or which one speaks the best English.

Glenn

All are very fluent in English, communicating should not be a problem

catherine96821:
.....small private feeling boats and the attitude is "what would YOU like to do today?" We had long lazy surface intervals at beach resorts where we ate big meals, were never rushed, and they picked us up where ever we liked. David was our dive guide and not being put on a program is priceless to me. The pick-ups were always spot-on and they took good care of our gear. For me, they were the ideal operator for photography and freedom to do what you like. No nosey questions and yet very safe and small.

Sounds a lot like the dive shop I used recently !

Xactly what Sharky said. No problems communicating on the boat. Communication with DWM over the phone can be a little challenging. Also if you have to call them try this No. (011 52) 987 872-0982, the primary No. on their site was not right when I last tried to call them.

One suggestion if you call (applies to more than just DWM)....If you are asking questions and you are just getting "Okay, Okay, No Problem, Okay, Yes, Yes, Yes" slow down and ask again because they probably aren't translating at the rate your talking. Ask the question so you have to get an aswer other than just Yes or No, so you will know that comprehension is achieved on both sides of the phone.

Back
Top Bottom