Dive with Ticao Island Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bearteacher.tw

Contributor
Reaction score
We plan to dive with Ticao Island Resort and wonder this resort's serive and DM?

Is diving in Manta bowl boring if we are unlucky to see any big things?

How about San Miguel? What can I expect to see there?

PS. Will Cebu Pacific serve food on the flight from Hong Kong to Manila? Or I should buy some in advance.

Thanks!

bearteacher.tw:
We plan to dive with Ticao Island Resort and wonder this resort's serive and DM?

Is diving in Manta bowl boring if we are unlucky to see any big things?

How about San Miguel? What can I expect to see there?

PS. Will Cebu Pacific serve food on the flight from Hong Kong to Manila? Or I should buy some in advance.

Thanks!

I went to Ticao in March last year, and only have good things to say.

the DM was a swedish guy, quite knowledgable, had lots of tips to make the most of each dive site, and was very patient with the divers who were far less capable than they claimed to be.

Ticao is pretty much isolated from anywhere else, so when you stay there, you are stuck there, but the food is good, service is great, and the staff are willing to bend over backwards to make sure you have a great trip.

Manta bowl - this is a high current site, you dive down to about 20 - 25m as quick as possible, then hook on to a rock, then you sit, and wait. I didn't see any mantas when I was there, but I did see a whale shark, pretty much everyone sees one or the other, though I did do 3 dives in Manta bowl, and to be honest - if the whale sharks or mantas are a no show, then it is a very boring dive with not much to see. Having said that, everyone that had been to this site when I was there had either seen mantas, whale sharks, or both, so so long as you do at least 2 dives, you should get to see one or maybe even both.

San Mig Island, on the other hand, is an awesome dive site. Lots of macro, lots of caverns, a plethora of sea life, colourful corals, sea snakes, fish... it was a great dive site! And th ebest part is, since it is a small island, it doesn't matter which way the wind is coming from, it is always easy to move to a protected area.

as for Cebu Pacific.. no idea, I flew with PI airways.

Z...

bearteacher.tw,

I booked Ticao Island Resort too. My schedule is from 20-25 Feb 2007 (Chinese New Year holidays). Flying from HK.

May be we will meet each other..................

Let's call the whalesharks for a CNY gathering !

bearteacher.tw:
Thanks for Zeeman's sharing post.

Do we prepare hooks in advance or the resort will provide them?

They supply the reef hooks.

Gussy:
How is this place compared to...lets say Boracay? In terms of food and beaches.

Food is good - but there is only one restaurant, so to speak. the resort is the only thing on the island.

Beaches are, well.. all yours. there is the main one in front of the island, which is nice, but there are some other as well that you would need to walk to. but really, if you are there to dive, you wont have time to look for beaches...

Zeeman:
Food is good - but there is only one restaurant, so to speak. the resort is the only thing on the island.

Beaches are, well.. all yours. there is the main one in front of the island, which is nice, but there are some other as well that you would need to walk to. but really, if you are there to dive, you wont have time to look for beaches...

Thanks! Yes, I'm there to dive but the non-divers with me will only go if there are nice beaches for them to hang around while I dive.

Hello ScubaBoard,

We really need your help...
We have known someone who works in Ticao Island Resort? His name is marvin.He is a dive master. The last time we talked he mentioned that he is into SARAFI DIVING (scuba board)...
And our concern now is, we cannot reach him... We haven't receive any feedback about him...nag alala po kami sa kanya...
Can you help us please...:depressed:

From,
A concern family in Cebu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom