Dive Zone, Puerto Morelos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in Puerto Morelos. The diving here is just OK. Most of the dive ops will take you 200 yards off shore to 2 of the 4 dive sites close to the beach.

Aquanauts takes people as far south as Ventada resort by water.

Ask where Dive Zone will take you before you go. We did one dive with Ruben and it was a BUST!!!!

If you can...get across the channel to Cozumel

No experience with Dive Zone but will share that if diving along the coast of the Riviera Maya, Puerto Morelos is better than most places. The protected reef is the closest to shore in PM than it is anywhere else along the coast. I felt I went out farther than 200 yds though on dives I did there. The best dive was the C56 Knave wreck - saw 6 spotted eagle rays while diving that site.

If you can...get across the channel to Cozumel
I agree and the dive op you use in PM may set that up for you.

Ask where Dive Zone will take you before you go
Good advice. I know this is the type of info you are asking for from ScubaBoard members, but I don't see much on SB about diving in PM. You might try emailing or calling the op and asking questions you'd like to have the answers to.

As an example, I did a quick search on Dive Zone - the reviews on TripAdvisor are older but what's there would lead me to believe that snorkeling groups might go out with the divers - that's something I would ask about.

Go to Puerto Morelos and dive with Dive Home. After you show you can dive, ask them for something different.

I dove off of PM with Wet Set scuba. Decent dives, about 1.5 miles off shore and a bit south of the port is where we dove. 2 tank dive, both were good, not Key Largo or Cozumel good, but certainly enjoyable. Seas were rough (late December 2021) but that‘s not the shops fault.
We now have a condo in PM so I’ll be diving there more as time goes on, probably at least 5 or more 2 tank trips between now and late spring 2023 so I‘ll have more to report in a few months.

Overall, enjoyable diving, decent visibility and decent reefs. I’d say about the same as with Dressel out of Iberostar Paraiso Beach.

JW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom