DiveAssure...were they fair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why? yea, I thought it was only three states...

what regulations would prevent them I wonder?

Maybe us Oregon divers are too dangerous??? :)

DAN has done great by us, I guess we have no reason to change.

ReefHound:
Seems obvious to me, $1300 trip cost - $100 deductible = $1200 x 2 persons = $2400

Obvious if we hadn't gotten any dives in. But we still got a third of our scheduled dives in. And the exact amt. of the check was 2485.80. Maybe they looked at it as a full cancellation. Even then the numbers don't work out. But I'm NOT complaining.

wow thats wondeful, I would love to hear if other people have this kind of experience with them as well, if so I may try them out.

Is Dive Assure the main competitor for DAN?
Yes, in fact pretty much the only competitor with some cred I'm aware of. My wife and I have the platinum plan but fortunately we've not had to call them yet. It is good to hear positive feedback about them.

I just signed up for it too after my DAN policy expired at the end of Nov. Through our club, we get a 15% discount as well. That and the travel insurance made the decision to switch an easy one.

Great to hear we have Diveassure as well, never had to use them yet(knock on wood), but glad to hear your story. Makes me feel much better about them.

It's posts like this have helped me make up my mind. I was with DAN this year and it runs out January 31. I compared the coverage vs cost issue and just paid for my DA coverage (Diamond 1500) about an hour ago.

Thanks for all the info guys and gals. I hope I never have to use the insurance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom