DiveAssure...were they fair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the International Plan primary insurance as well?

Daxter:
In the paperwork I do believe that it is stated that for a claim you will be in contact directly with AIG. It is one of their big selling points that you are getting ins from AIG which is a large Ins co. As for getting ins directly I dont belive AIG sells it that way, could be wrong. Remember ins companies dont think divers are sane people :) .

Dax, I think you are correct, you cannot buy ins from AIG directly. I think it's a group of insurance carriers as is Lloyds of L.

pilot fish:
Is that spelled out when you get insured? What is the function of Dive Assure? If they have no function other than placing the policy with an underwrite, AIG, why not go directly to AIG.

Now that I think of it, AIG is only an underwriter, co-insurer?

Yes, AIG is the underwriter. DiveAssure is an association which created membership programs that include diving insurance.
You can not get this insurance through AIG directly as it is DiveAssure's and can only be obtained by being a DiveAssure member.
All of our written materials specifically say that the insurance is provided by AIG and that claims are handled by AIG Claim Services.

DiveAssure:
Yes, AIG is the underwriter. DiveAssure is an association which created membership programs that include diving insurance.
You can not get this insurance through AIG directly as it is DiveAssure's and can only be obtained by being a DiveAssure member.
All of our written materials specifically say that the insurance is provided by AIG and that claims are handled by AIG Claim Services.

Thanks for your help

hi there..
just wanted to know if Dive Assure or DAN is better to join if diving in ASia pacific most of the time? my DAN policy has expired and i am diving next week in Similans and need to get a coverage urgently.

any feedback is much appreciated..

Back
Top Bottom