DiveAssure...were they fair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And it had to be me:D

Seems there is not a complete exchange of info between you and AIG? NO, you are not AIG but they are YOUR agent and you are responsible for their actions, and inactions.

Anyway, I do apprecaite your reply and explaination. You are an asset to DiveAssure.

DiveAssure:
I knew someone would say something like that when I chose to post here.
I know a lot of people do not have faith in insurance company. DiveAssure is not one. DiveAssure is a divers' association which created insurance programs for divers, using AIG as the insurer. Our support and service to our members is impecable.
The issue discussed here was handled immediately when we were notified. We are not AIG, and until a member informs us of a situation we have no knowledge of it nor can we asssit.
This was a human error of an AIG examiner and as soon as the error was discovered it has been fixed immediately, as would have happened with any error, and any member.

Sharon, DiveAssure.

I finally know the difference. Thanks a lot.

DiveAssure:
Well, with both DAN and ex-PADI, as in DiveAssure's Platinum, you get what we call "Basic Trip Protection". This means, you are only covered for cancellations which are due to your own medical inability to dive. This will not cover you for cancellations which are due to death in the family, sickness of a family member, weather conditions which do not allow diving etc. For such coverage you need to get trip insurance.

Since after all I am from DiveAssure, I have to say: DiveAssure's Diamond is the only available program in the USA which offers both annual dive accident coverage AND comprehensive MULTI-TRIP dive travel coverage.
You can read more about it here: http://www.diveassure.com/Ver1.1/registrations/DiamondsReg.asp

pilot fish:
And it had to be me:D

Seems there is not a complete exchange of info between you and AIG? NO, you are not AIG but they are YOUR agent and you are responsible for their actions, and inactions.

Anyway, I do apprecaite your reply and explaination. You are an asset to DiveAssure.
Hello again,
This has to do with privacy issues between the insurer and the insured. I can only recommend that members contact our support team whenever experiencing a difficulty so we can get involved and assist.

Thank you for your kind words.

There is no privacy issue betwen you and AIG, in this regard, since they were hired by YOU, and YOU, as agent for the insured, have to disclose what function you want AIG to perform [what to insure] for the insured. Since AIG carries many other types of insurance, you need to tell AIG what type of insuqance coverage you want your client, the insured, to be covered for.

DiveAssure:
Hello again,
This has to do with privacy issues between the insurer and the insured. I can only recommend that members contact our support team whenever experiencing a difficulty so we can get involved and assist.

Thank you for your kind words.

Sharon, DiveAssure

pilot fish:
There is no privacy issue betwen you and AIG, in this regard, since they were hired by YOU, and YOU, as agent for the insured, have to disclose what function you want AIG to perform [what to insure] for the insured. Since AIG carries many other types of insurance, you need to tell AIG what type of insuqance coverage you want your client, the insured, to be covered for.
When speaking about privacy matters I wasn't referring to coverage. Of course the insurer handles claims based on our policy. I was referring to info we get on each claim.

Pilot fish, I have dive assure ins, when you report a claim you report it to AIG not diveassure therefore diveassure would not know unless there is a problem and you contact them. I have not had to make a claim yet, knock on wood, but the number on your card is for AIG ins directly.

Daxter:
Pilot fish, I have dive assure ins, when you report a claim you report it to AIG not diveassure therefore diveassure would not know unless there is a problem and you contact them. I have not had to make a claim yet, knock on wood, but the number on your card is for AIG ins directly.

That's correct. Thanks Daxter.

DiveAssure:
When speaking about privacy matters I wasn't referring to coverage. Of course the insurer handles claims based on our policy. I was referring to info we get on each claim.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Daxter:

Is that spelled out when you get insured? What is the function of Dive Assure? If they have no function other than placing the policy with an underwrite, AIG, why not go directly to AIG.

Now that I think of it, AIG is only an underwriter, co-insurer?

In the paperwork I do believe that it is stated that for a claim you will be in contact directly with AIG. It is one of their big selling points that you are getting ins from AIG which is a large Ins co. As for getting ins directly I dont belive AIG sells it that way, could be wrong. Remember ins companies dont think divers are sane people :) .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom