DiveAssure...were they fair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BOING! Back to reality, back to DAN?

Charlie59:
BOING! Back to reality, back to DAN?
Hold your horses! We are aware of this case (we were only notified by the member this past friday, Feb 16th) and this appears to have simply been a human error by the AIG examiner. The member is to receive a letter stating that and has already been notifed by us. DiveAssure history of paying claims is superb and will remain that way.
If you have any questions feel free to post them here and I will be happy to answer.

Sharon, DiveAssure.

All is cool (again). A little lost sleep, but AIG isn't coming after MY money afterall.

Diveassure (Sharon)

Why are your policies not offered in NYS and other states?

Good that you stepped up and corrected this, DiveAssure. My question to you, Sharon, would this have been resolved in this manner if this person had not gone public on this Board?

DiveAssure:
Hold your horses! We are aware of this case (we were only notified by the member this past friday, Feb 16th) and this appears to have simply been a human error by the AIG examiner. The member is to receive a letter stating that and has already been notifed by us. DiveAssure history of paying claims is superb and will remain that way.
If you have any questions feel free to post them here and I will be happy to answer.

Sharon, DiveAssure.

Board question. This has long confused me -is having the top plan with DAN or PADI for medical emergencies, [trip cancellation is also covered with DAN and PADI] PADI has now mereged with DAN, enough trip cancellation coverage as is a separate trip cancellation policy? If you are covered by DAN , why get a seperate policy?

chipwd:
Diveassure (Sharon)

Why are your policies not offered in NYS and other states?

This is a matter of bureaucracy. AIG requires filing seperately for every state (some other insurers require only filing in the state where the association is registered, which would have then been very easy). NY is the hardest state in the US to get a new insurance program instated in, even harder since 9/11. We are progressing with the filing of all 7 states and will eventually of course have coverage available to residents of all states. It is just a matter of time.

Thanks Sharon. I have DAN insurance now but the fact that you provide primary insurance as well as your answers here, have me interested in Dive assure.

pilot fish:
Good that you stepped up and corrected this, DiveAssure. My question to you, Sharon, would this have been resolved in this manner if this person had not gone public on this Board?
I knew someone would say something like that when I chose to post here.
I know a lot of people do not have faith in insurance company. DiveAssure is not one. DiveAssure is a divers' association which created insurance programs for divers, using AIG as the insurer. Our support and service to our members is impecable.
The issue discussed here was handled immediately when we were notified. We are not AIG, and until a member informs us of a situation we have no knowledge of it nor can we asssit.
This was a human error of an AIG examiner and as soon as the error was discovered it has been fixed immediately, as would have happened with any error, and any member.

Sharon, DiveAssure.

pilot fish:
Board question. This has long confused me -is having the top plan with DAN or PADI for medical emergencies, [trip cancellation is also covered with DAN and PADI] PADI has now mereged with DAN, enough trip cancellation coverage as is a separate trip cancellation policy? If you are covered by DAN , why get a seperate policy?

Well, with both DAN and ex-PADI, as in DiveAssure's Platinum, you get what we call "Basic Trip Protection". This means, you are only covered for cancellations which are due to your own medical inability to dive. This will not cover you for cancellations which are due to death in the family, sickness of a family member, weather conditions which do not allow diving etc. For such coverage you need to get trip insurance.

Since after all I am from DiveAssure, I have to say: DiveAssure's Diamond is the only available program in the USA which offers both annual dive accident coverage AND comprehensive MULTI-TRIP dive travel coverage.
You can read more about it here: http://www.diveassure.com/Ver1.1/registrations/DiamondsReg.asp

Back
Top Bottom