Diveland Dive Report 3/27/2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joe8mofo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Despite the rain, we headed on over to Diveland in Glencoe, AL.

Surface temp was 52 degrees and the the coldest I logged was 43 degrees. It was actually really comfortable for diving dry, definitely better than Lake Lanier.

The rain had silted the water so that visibility was 5' and gradually improved as depth increased. It really opened up between 60 and 80'. Deeper than 80' visibility degraded to the point that we turned at 110' as vis had gone down to 1'.

Wouldn't it be great if Diveland reopened for public use?

What is the deal with Dive Land. I thought that it closed a few years ago. I have family that lives in Gadsden and I have wanted to dive it but, I was not aware that it was open to the public. I read your last sentence and was wandering what you have to do to get access or permission to dive it? Thanks for the update.

It is not open to the public, it was closed several years ago. Whether it will ever be reopened for public use is not known but I know that those of us in the southeast are hopeful that it reopens as it offers some unique freshwater diving.

As far as how I have access: all I can say is that I know someone who is allowed to do training dives there occasionally.

Hey what's the skinny on Dive Land? Are they actually open right now? A buddy and I are driving down from TN Fri. I found a site that said they were open Fri/Sat/Sun, then I saw this one, and I called and they said Sat/Sun on the answering machine. I guess we can go to dive Alabama first then Dive Land on Saturday. I was hoping for a night dive if possible. TIA

Back
Top Bottom