Divemaster question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divemasters get paid?

Seriously, c-monkey, you have found a pretty sweet gig with those perks.

Congrats on your DM. I'm right behind you. This weekend my instr is going to give me a final eval on my skills and rescue accesment and I'm going to finnish off my map. All I'll have left is to get in a scuba review for my divemaster conducted program then I'm finnished. Sea Sports pays DMs and gives keyman discount's on gear. I think it's ten bucks a head, per class. You might give Doug (Owner) a call at sea sports if you want. He and his wife work out of the 1960 store in Houston. If you didn't do your class with one of there instr's they will ask you to do some freeby classes to eval you and require DAN o2 if your not already.

Good luck and congrats again,

Geek

At our shop the DM's don't get paid, but the owner reminds the instructors to tip their DM's. The DM's also get keyman discounts for gear, paid entry into the training sites when working, free air and nitrox. The perks are nice, but it still takes money out of your pocket in the end, you have to be doing it for something other than the money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom