Diver Death at CSSP - Terrell TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[snuggle mike...why she didnt bring him to the surface is nor here nor there..obviously she panicked and didnt know what to do so she surfaced and went for help..not all divers are calm and collective as we wish them to be in times of panic...my sympathy goes out the her at this time..its comments like yours that really p*ss me off at times.]

Hey Snuggle calm down nobody is saying that they know anything at all. I think Mike was just saying maybe we could all learn from this. Thats all.
Cheers
Derek

Kim:
Guessing games and supposition do not help here. Please could everyone wait for the facts before making comments on what might or might not have happened.
In the meantime someone has lost her husband and she should have all our sympathy - she certainly has mine.

I hope this is not out of line for the regulations on posts here, but...Thank you Kim. The wife must be going through the "If only I had of" things in her mind right now. I think it's called survivor guilt.

When the details of the incident are known it would be of value to help other people. That way the passing would not be in vain.

snuggle:
mike...why she didnt bring him to the surface is nor here nor there..obviously she panicked and didnt know what to do so she surfaced and went for help..not all divers are calm and collective as we wish them to be in times of panic...my sympathy goes out the her at this time..its comments like yours that really p*ss me off at times.

Frankly, I don't give a bleep what p*sses you off.

jbd:
Just maybe, she didn't panic at all. Just maybe, she did the only thing she knew to do. Lets not read things into the situation.

Now there IS food for thought.

sealskin98:
I hope Michael is all right, that must have been....

Charley, he was still working, huh? Good for him.

My sympathies go out to all concerned.

Yes he was Mike. I was very impressed with him. This can't be easy on a young man like he is..

Charley

I have checked all local on-line sources for news in the DFW area and have come-up with nothing on the incident. I dive CSSP alot,,,,so this situation hits home....who knows at this point it maybe someone I have shared a dive with in the past? There is always something to learn from these types of situations--good and bad. We will all just have to sit back for more facts surrounding this case.

I also frequent this dive spot so I would really like to know what happened as well....

Hmmm, can see the views of all you guys. Since his death must be a loss for someone in this world, I offer my condolences. I dove down to 120ft this weekend to stop a runaway descend in 300ft of water. This person was not my wife..........go figure.

The leading consensus of individuals who are closer to the story than I am have it has a heart attack at depth. It's unlikely the wife could have done anything to save the man's life.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom