Diver fights off 12-foot shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im sure now they feel bad after coming to their senses on land.
If that were indeed the case, then why not simply allow the shark to remain dead... Nope, instead they felt the need to seek out every conceivable media outlet in order to continue the chest thumping by showing off their 2 hours of stills and video.

Remarkably, most of the media outlets are touting this as a 2 hour battle of survival. Yea, a battle of survival by an innocent sea creature. 7 spears, then towing and knifing, though there isn't a trace of so much as a scratch on these guys.

I think Bernie Goetz used that same defense, "Why yes your honor, they did look kinda scary and menacing at the time, which is why I shot them!"

Karma is a bitch, and she keeps score! :redhot:

-Tim

If that's a 12-foot shark, then that dude's bigger than Shaquille O'Niell ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

...every yahoo out to kill a shark with his bare hands for a you tube video, ...

And maybe we will get some good video of the sharks eating the yahoo's... or at least the videographer.. I like it. I wonder if the sharks have enough skill in their million years of evolution to eat a redneck with a spear gun...

can sharks be trained to attack mullets on sight?:shakehead:

And maybe we will get some good video of the sharks eating the yahoo's... or at least the videographer.. I like it. I wonder if the sharks have enough skill in their million years of evolution to eat a redneck with a spear gun...

can sharks be trained to attack mullets on sight?:shakehead:

Having grown up in close proximity to "rednecks" I can assure you that they are far more dangerous than the sharks and that in a fight between a shark and a redneck, the shark is deep s------.

A male redneck specimen in full flower showing off his plumage to a female of the same ilk is a thing to fear, extremely unpredictable.

N

As I posted in one of the other threads, all that jackass needed to do was fire a camera strobe off directly at the shark when it was at it's closest, and due to their electrical stimuli, it would have f'd-up that fishes' world for several minutes at the very least, allowing more than enough time for everyone to get out of the water safely and without a scratch.

Has anyone considered the possibility that these guys were none too pleased to have a giant Tuna eater present while they were attempting to spear them..? You know, kinda like killing the competition..? Seriously, if I was a Tuna and a 12' Tiger showed up, you can bet yer ass I would be the first one declaring "Schools Out!", and swimming for cover.

Again, looking through their pics linked on one of the other threads, it seems that all they care about are setting world records with a harpoon!

-Tim

Having grown up in close proximity to "rednecks" I can assure you that they are far more dangerous than the sharks and that in a fight between a shark and a redneck, the shark is deep s------.

A male redneck specimen in full flower showing off his plumage to a female of the same ilk is a thing to fear, extremely unpredictable.

N
Also having grown up around rednecks, and bordering on actually being one myself (I drink dark microbrews, not PBR or Busch), the unpredictability all changes as soon as he sets down his beer and says, "Hey everybody, watch this!" :shocked2:

-Tim

Also having grown up around rednecks, and bordering on actually being one myself (I drink dark microbrews, not PBR or Busch), the unpredictability all changes as soon as he sets down his beer and says, "Hey Y'ALL, watch this!" :shocked2:

-Tim

There, fixed. :wink: The last words a redneck ever utters.

As I said on another threads, it's just highly suspect that if they were in such dire peril, that they still had time to calmly film the whole event with a steady hand. I call shenanigans! It just seems fishy to me.

Moreover, we may perhaps be witness to yet another serious case of testosterone poisoning. Seems to be a common ailment in these parts. :mooner:

Hey, I said I was close, but clearly I still have some more larnin' to do... I do live in Arkansas! :wink:

So anyway, what do you suppose these brain trusts are gonna do for an encore, glue whiskers to their face masks so they'll feel justified in bagging an Orca..?

-Tim

Yeah, heard their story, saw their pics... and simply don't believe them. Sorry. They saw the chance to kill it for kicks and for fame, and they get pretty much what they were hoping for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom