Diver/non-diver vacation spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windjammer Barefoot Cruises offers diving, with the DMs and gear on the ship for most of them. We did the USVI/MVI trip on Legacy in Feb, and there was opportunity to dive at least 2 times a day. However, most of the vacatioiners were nondivers, and there was plenty for them to do.

Hawaii works for a non-diving partner. My wife and daughter and I went to Maui back in May. I dove several days with one of the local operators out of Kihei. We stayed at a condo across the street from the boat ramp where most of dive boats launch from. I was able to walk across the street so my wife could use the car. I would do two dives in the morning and spend the afternoon and evening with my family.

I've heard the Bahamas and Cancun are good places to go with your non-diving wife.

Resort diving also works. My wife and I stayed at an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica for our honeymoon. She was happy lounging around while I was out diving. There are plenty of resorts that cater to divers.

DolphinWannabe:
I'm brand-y newly certified, I live in New England, and am greatly looking forward to getting back to the Carribbean where snorkling fueled my yearning to go scuba.

I'm married to a confirmed non-diver -- my wife is severely phobic even about snorkeling, due to a bad near-drowning experience as a kid. My quandary is: how to plan a vacation together that will give me an opportunity to get in some good diving (appropriate of course to my newbie skill level) yet that has enough other non-diving activitites available to be enjoyable for her too.

A cruise is of course an option. Other suggestions? Are there resorts that are good for diving but are also good for other things?
It depends on what your wife likes. I think Sharm El Sheikh is a good option. However, if she likes desert excursions, Dahab would be better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom