Diver tag (DAN Tag equivalent)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer USGI dog tags as mentioned above.

Want color and shape selection? Want instant gratification?

PetsMart has those little DIY laser cut machines in all their stores. Red Hearts, Gold Bones, all that stuff.

Thanks for the varied input. I'm giving the mega dogtag from Military Dog Tags Generator : Make and buy personalized Dog tags for people and pets with the online dogtag builder. a try. It has room for my name, DAN number, DAN emergency number, and emergency contact name and phone numbers.

In addition to that info, you should really include info such as known allergies, and your age.

Emergency first responders need to know if have NKA (no known allergies) or known allergies...this can make a world of difference in your survival.

Also, knowing your age will be critical as well (meaning your birth year); they can be much more aggressive with life saving measures on a younger victim than on an older one.

Lastly, any medical conditions should be noted. If you have a heart condition, a blood disease, etc. that info can be critical information for a first responder if you are unable to communicate.

I wear a bracelet when I dive that includes the following:

Name | Year of Birth
Emergency contact info (wife)
Emergency contact info (parents)
NKA (no known allergies) | Spine fusion L5-S1
DAN ID#

I have checked with several police and fire fighters I know, and all have agreed that this info is no more-no less than any of them would want in a situation were I could not answer for myself in an emergency.

Just got this by email from DAN:

Back by Popular Demand — DAN Tags
3JM3sbi3CPomgS4Yj2wRsRy7lmU8Qf4u5istyN0OzIRrrXkHfdpWLA1dUUD_BFb6TpBQlrO3UMZDymOF5YHoRJkKRqYjFrGGHbgxRn--qA=s0-d-e1-ft

Place your order for the NEW DAN tags. This durable, anodized, aircraft aluminum tag features personalized emergency information to aid medical personnel in the event of an emergency. Just two inches in diameter, DAN’s laser engraved tag includes your name, DAN member number, date of birth, drug allergies and emergency contact information. Attached easily to a BCD with its integrated fastener, this is one piece of safety gear that every diver should have before entering the water. To order your personalized tag, speak with a DAN Representative.

Is there a link?
After you log in as a member, you can find one under Resources / Member Benefits. It’s called “Order Your DAN Tag”, but it's not currently functional. Presumably that will change soon.

Also, knowing your age will be critical as well (meaning your birth year); they can be much more aggressive with life saving measures on a younger victim than on an older one.

I will tell you that unless you have a known DNR on file everyone gets the same level of care or at least at this time. The new health care laws may change that but at this point age does not determine the level of care that you will receive. Advanced life support is provided the same as if you are 90 or 9.
However :
Age does help medical care providers in determining what may be the underlying cause which will help determining a treatment plan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom