Diver to diver etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

His top side discussions (if that is what you could call them) may be a sign of pre-dive stress. He may be thinking, "If I present myself as elite, maybe nobody will care".

You can always talk loudly to your buddy, where the offender can hear, and say "Man, am I glad we don't have any of those folks who kill the coral by touching it. I hate it when people grab the reef!"

Act like you have been offended on prior dives by this activity. "Someone who knows all you do about diving must be driven crazy by people who don't realize the reef is a living structure and actually touch it."

Sarcasm can be instructive and not quite as stuffy.

Any specific reason why this should matter?

R..

Common slur is that old school british wreck divers have no buoyancy skills. Maybe this is a New England thing.

It was an attempt at humor. I was hoping the OP would say yes. It would have been very funny to me.

I don't really tink this is true, and the only british guy I have ever dived with had perfectly adequate buoyancy skills and he didn't touch the coral.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom