Divers and Pilots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Commercial SEL MEL instrument. Also CFI SEL MEL, but I don't teach anymore. Just fly for fun and to spend money. Own a 1967 Beechcraft Musketeer Super III.

miketsp:
What's with all the posts saying private or commercial flying is pleasure or fun?
The only real fun flying is in the military. And they even pay you to do it!
My log book is full of low-level NAVEXes that I'd never get away with in a non-military plane. :D

Log book??? What's a log book?

We counted the flights by the number of tree limbs we picked out of the skids, among other interesting post flight characteristics of the fuselage. :D

the K-iller Spade 13

If you can't hover, you can't fly.

So sayeth The Kraken

The Kraken:
If you can't hover, you can't fly.

So sayeth The Kraken

I hovered often in my powered parachute: Turned it into a nice 15mph headwind and just hung there. Hell, I ended up flying BACKWARDS a couple of times! :D

Markdone:
Shorter runways, otherwise pretty much the same. Less Per Diem than AFPs.

Those naval aviator fellows aren't the best at landing either. Not much flair envolved with what they do.

I remember this old timer at the airport who was ret. navy. he would just drop it strait in, no flair at all. Good advert for Beech banannas landing gear though.

Codyjp:
I had no idea there were so many pilots, and this has only been up 12 hours...
I have picked quite a few pilots out by their posts. Not by the terms, just by the thought process in the response. I am very thankful that I was able to do 22 years as a professional pilot, most of that instructing. I cant count how many times I would lean back and look out the window and think "They're paying me to do this ..." :)

When I graduated from college I had only been in an airplane once. About a year later a friend's father who owned a training school helped me get my private pilots license. About 1/2 way through my private pilot training, I came home and told my wife I thought I needed to make my living doing this because it was too expensive to have as a hobby and I enjoyed it too much. It took about 7 years to get into a decent paying job with a future, but it was well worth the effort.

H2Andy:
heard on radio, late night into Orlando ... we have free maps up here in the tower"
Andy, that is one of the funniest I have heard. My favorite was related by a fellow texan pilot flying a heavy jet out of Newark one busy evening. The NY controllers were talking a mile a minute. He said in his best Texas drawl, "NY center, do you hear how fast I am talking? That's how fast I listen!" And the controller mimmiced his drawl for the rest of the departure.

One of my crewmembers related an exchange quite a few years ago between two ATL based airline pilots on ground control that was hilarious. I will have to see if I can dig the details out of the recesses of my brain. They arent coming forth on their own.

Willie

Originally Posted by Divingguy
Commercial multi-engine instrument, mix of business and pleasure. Currently flying a Mooney 252.
Tom

cerich:
I hate you.:wink:

Well, I don't hate him, but as a teen I didn't have girly posters on the wall - I had a Pitts S2-A, Tsunami (Unlimited racer), and a Mooney 252.

20yrs later I still want the 252.

-Ben M. (private single-eng. land)

Private Pilot SEL. Sold my 1964 Cherokee 180 in april of 2004 (still missing it). Now I am in the "cheap" hobby of diving. lol

Greg

I did have a Mooney M20C (with Manual landing gear). Now that was a blast to get the gear up before the air speed increased too much or you needed a gorilla arm to get the gear up.

Back
Top Bottom