Divers Missing - Florida west coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I liked the colorful language in the video. I saw a 6’+ one in the Caymans. He did not look like the type to be intimidated.

Glad the two divers were found alive. That must have been a long sucky night alone in the ocean.

My offshore kit is pretty robust. 3 bright ass lights, 6’ SMB, 1st gen Nautilus Lifeline, and a dye pack.

Getting lost and staying lost ain’t somethin I’m about.

Dye pack? how does that work?

Does that need to go in checked bag for airplane travel?
I dunno. I don’t work for TSA.

My guess is that they would give you a hard time over it. Generally speaking they aren’t a bunch of scholars.

My little "I'm ****ed" kit is a LM can with a PLB, chem light, dye pack, and a granola bar. It always goes in the checked baggage so I couldn't tell you if the TSA would get their panties in a wad. I've also got one of those SeeRescueStreamers that I've never taken with me. I wouldn't use the dye marker until the PLB has gone off, depending on current it goes away pretty quickly.

I dunno. I don’t work for TSA.

My guess is that they would give you a hard time over it. Generally speaking they aren’t a bunch of scholars.

Do you know if it's a liquid, powder, or solid?

Powder

But anecdotes from friends suggest that opening it up leads to leaks in the water. Not ideal.

The TSA isn't into powders on carry on baggage anymore, either. Checked baggage is where it will go. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom