Diving Acronyms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey walter could you just be a instructor who believes any new diver not trained by you is not ready to dive ,just an observation ,could be wrong .

sorry walter read too late it wasnt your article ,just tired of so many know it alls ,who think they are the best ,again sorry

sorry but there does seem to be an attitude out there from the most senior people of ,i do no wrong and every one else is a slacker ,there are lots of good instructors and students who are really into diving ,while i realize some geta card do 3 dives and come back 3 years later and think they can jump back in ,but ive read alot of stuff about instructors letting students fly thru ,i had to do the swim test ,skills ,and bouancy test all at open water ,and i have seen lots of divers who crash to the bottom as soon as they go on the first dive , i personally had one on my head 2 weeks ago but i think its also there fault ,they dont buy or rent the same rig they were certified in and some people dont realize that diff. suits ,bc s and everything else make a diff in weight and that maybe their instructors fault for not filling them in ,but how long do they need to babysit?,when i did ow i knew if i changed wet suit thickness ,tank size ,or diff bc my buoancy would prob change and i would need to add or subtract weight to remain coorect ,guss some instructors skip too much ,and they give other instructors and new divers bad names

Guess this thread didn't work out. I apologize to anyone who wasted their time reading it.

A very dear friend pointed out to me that my original post in this thread came across as harsh. I'm aware I have that tendancy, but I'm not usually aware of when I'm doing it. In this case it certainly was not my intention. My comment about conducting a search was intended to inform someone new to the forum about options.

steleehin,

Apology accepted. I guess I need to read that entire article. IMHO (OK, it's probable not that humble), there are many, many excellent instructors teaching SCUBA producing very good divers. I wish the per centage of them were higher.

I believe it's time to put this thread back on track - acronyms. Anyone got any fun ones?

Walter once bubbled...

I believe it's time to put this thread back on track - acronyms. Anyone got any fun ones?

Not any that are appropriate for a family board, :eek:

Walter once bubbled...

Just the obvious ones:

SCUBA - Some Come Up Barely Alive

SCUHA - Self Contained Underwater Heating Apparatus [i.e., wetting your wetsuit]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom