Diving at Public Beaches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we ones found a bud naked woman swimming at the beach area we where about to exit from a scuba dive,
do I need to say more :)

When I dive from popular beaches, kids come up to me to ask questions all the time. It's great to be an ambassador to the sport of scuba diving and to answer any question the kids or aspiring divers may have.

yes ! kids and adults ask all the time when they see me at the vacation pool or beach,
is it oxygene ? how long time can you be under water ?
how deep can you go ? how expensive is your equipment ?
can I try ?
if i got time and air left and the location is good and safe, I even let them try it a bit,
at just a foot or two deepth, they have a blast when they see how cool and easy it is,
I do explain loud and clear this is NOT to be performed without propper traning,
just in case they purchase equipment and jump in the water, man you newer know, some people are crasy.

I had a fun dive at St. Andrews State Park's jetties in Panama City Beach, Florida. (Lots of divers there when the tides are right.) I had finished my "real" dive and was just enjoying what I could see along the beach side of the jetties as the water got shallower and shallower. Eventually, it got too shallow to keep going, as my tank was in the air and my chest was on the sand, so I just popped up into a kneeling position... where I suddenly found myself face-to-face with the biggest, most awestruck eyes I'd ever seen in a very young kid.

He recovered enough to point to me, look at his mom, and say, "Diver!" I couldn't help but smile as I got up to walk in (as his mom was telling him, "That's what mommy does..." -- apparently, she was a diver, too). Spandex and misplaced underwear couldn't make me feel any more like a superhero than that look. :D

So yeah, where it's allowed, it's an absolute *blast* to dive at a beach.

Ditto. St. Andrews Rocks!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom