Diving conditions in Bali in mid November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, will check these out. I went to lembongan 2yrs ago for 3days to dive molas but I had food poisoning for 3 days so I am going to be picky where I eat.but love indo food so im surethere will b plenty! I dont eat lots of fish unless bbq but i will avoid sweetlips lol!
seeing some people around also will be nice. It was August/sept last time so you would think it packed but was seemed very quiet, it was Ramadan at the time so maybe that was part of the reason. Not sure electro 90's is my fave but sounds like fun so will check it out. Cheers

It was August/sept last time so you would think it packed but was seemed very quiet, it was Ramadan at the time so maybe that was part of the reason.
This year Ramadan ended on august 19th, I was there at that time, there was as much tourist as Lembongan can absorb, many dive centers and bungalows wrote "FULL" on their boards : I am not sure ramadan has great impact on Lembongan activity much alike Bali, which is mostly Hindu.

Maybe it was just quiet then, or maybe it was normal For the island,as had been to boracay recently before that lol! Can't wait to go in a few wks!! Yeah forgot Bali was Hindu, bit of a silly thought there eh! Gillis were defo quiet during Ramadan!

Not sure electro 90's is my fave but sounds like fun so will check it out. Cheers

We all LOVE a good night of dancing barefoot on the beach to cheesy music and badly singing to top40 power ballads!! hahahaha
And, I just downloaded an ecelctic mix of K-pop, Reggaton and old school country for everyone's "enjoyment" this friday at Blue Corner Bar... another toga theme party perhaps?

Anyway, we are always open to travelling DJs taking a turn spinning at the bar if you BYO music - just chat with us the day before at the diveshop office. And "ZIVVA" I will get you up dancing on top of our bar by the end of the season - bwahahaha :drunks:

Ahahaha ! Cheers on that !

If San Mig was free @ BCD it may happen ... but you would need a lot of free San Mig for that to happen ! :D

Every year is different in Indonesia, but November is the beginning of the rain. Some years it will be bad others you wan't feel it at all. Nusa Penida is great, if there is rain you would still manage to go here and the vis would still be good. It might be that manta point is to wavy, still the rest of the island is great for diving.
Otherwise Tulamben in north wes bali is amazing as well, Wreck dive covered with corals to put a few words on it. The vis drops when it's raining but a day withput rain and it's good again. You can always dive tulamben, the conditions are always good. No current, almost no waves.

Hope this helps.

If in Tulamben, I can readily recommend Tulamben Wreck Divers and Scuba Seraya. Also, Villa Markisa, though I've not stayed with them.
The last two are just outside of "town", while the first is in its center, across from the Liberty Wreck.
All nice, reputable.
No experience with the other operations.

For a bit more variety, you can book a diving safari with Aquamarine Diving. They can arrange very personalised service, plus diving at a few places less well known. My experience with them was great.

As for why rain affects diving conditions, the area around Tulamben is mountainous, and the water runoff dumps sediment into the ocean.

I just came back from my trip to Bali/lembongan, just want to give a brief review.

We spent 5 days in Lembongan, my friend saw a Mola mola, but the rest of us were minutes behind her group and missed the sighting. Other group also saw mola on a different side the next day. Saw few mantas. This was my first time diving in Lembongan, so I can't say the visibility is better or worse than other months, but it was fair.

We dove with Lembongan dive center, I'll highly recommend them for sure, Bunter, Moyo and Suka were very professional, and friendly and very accommodative. We stayed at Nusa Indah, love the pool and food was good too.

As far as rain goes, we only got rained on one day for less than an hour, around 4 PM. Another day was in the middle of the night.

Dove at Amed after Lembongan, visibility was better than Lembongan/Penida much warmer water! Never got any rain while we're there. We dove with Bali Reef and stayed at Puri Wirata. The dive operation was OK. The resort was AWESOME! Nice pools and great food, a bit on the pricy side, but still cheap in US dollar. Delicious grilled mahi mahi for us$7!?

Can't wait to go back!

This was my first time diving in Lembongan, so I can't say the visibility is better or worse than other months, but it was fair.

Actually visibility is not at its best around the island at the moment because of the ... nice weather.

As winds change of directions this time of the year there is a lot of particules or even sea weed in the waters between the Badung & Lombok straits that need to be washed up.

Regular storms normally help ... but the weather is still very nice at the moment with almost no rain : a small storm this afternoon for just 15 minutes, last rain fall before that was a weeks ago more or less ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom