Diving Cordova, AK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapolly:
Caleb- looks like we might get to plan that GLWC M&G to coincide with the big dive weekend up near you afterall :D

Actually I won't be able to make it because I just accepted a teaching gig in Metlakatla (inside joke). Sorry to hear about the post falling through, but something will present itself-- keep your chin up, P!

beezwax:
Actually I won't be able to make it because I just accepted a teaching gig in Metlakatla (inside joke). Sorry to hear about the post falling through, but something will present itself-- keep your chin up, P!

Hehehe... well you know that job fair was in your neck of the woods....hehehe.

I'm not worried.... firm believe things happen like they should. Actually got a message from a vocational school here in the 'nati offering me a position the other day. Just been hoping to get myself on the water.

Since I know you aren't teaching in Met- are you still tied up for the dive weekend?
also did you feed my contact info to some dive shop/club in your area (Land Shark SCUBA)- I've been getting e-mails from them :huh:

I used your details to open up a couple lines of credit, but I didn't flog them to any dive shops (actually I've never heard of Land Shark Scuba.....?). I'm sure I will be around that last weekend in September for the dive fest!

beezwax:
I used your details to open up a couple lines of credit, but I didn't flog them to any dive shops (actually I've never heard of Land Shark Scuba.....?). I'm sure I will be around that last weekend in September for the dive fest!

You shouldn't jest with me about those things right now.... I went to OU who just realized someone had hacked into the computer system and downloaded SS# of all of the alumni. And I have an ex- who I am very worried might trying to do just that.

I should have all offers, and make my decision on what school (in cincy :( ) I'm gonna take by the end of next week. Then I can figure out what I'm going to do for the summer and start my final planning for my summer dive schedule. we can probably get most of the GLWC chicago contingent to head up that way, and I'll be there if you can pick me up at the airport :)

scubapolly:
You shouldn't jest with me about those things right now.... I went to OU who just realized someone had hacked into the computer system and downloaded SS# of all of the alumni. And I have an ex- who I am very worried might trying to do just that.

I should have all offers, and make my decision on what school (in cincy :( ) I'm gonna take by the end of next week. Then I can figure out what I'm going to do for the summer and start my final planning for my summer dive schedule. we can probably get most of the GLWC chicago contingent to head up that way, and I'll be there if you can pick me up at the airport :)

I know this is all way off topic, but since this is your thread I'm guessing no one will mind....

re: ID theft
have you looked into one of those "privacy guard" type of services? You can keep tabs on all your lines of credit, credit ratings, etc. May be a good idea if you have cause(s) for concern...

re: dive fest
that would be very cool if the whole crew was up for it-- we'd have to figure out some type of caravan. Brainerd is about 130 miles north of Minneapolis (and I'm about 90 miles north of Brainerd). But you couldn't ask for a better ready-made meet-n-greet... three days camping, diving, campfires, local bands, etc. They've been doing it for a number of years so they've got the logistics down smooth.

Hijack away!
I have a security hold on my credit cards, but I have to renew it.

ummm.... does that mean you can't pick me up at the airport?:huh: That dive looks like a blast. I really hope we can get something worked out for the GLWC to dive at that. Did I tell you, that you were discuss at the M&G. I think some one made a comment along the lines of "where the heck is that guy from MN that bi*ched about us excluding MN? We go and change the rules and he doesn't show." It was in jest- I know the joking tone that was used is not well conveyed on here.
What were the dates again?

I didn't say I couldn't pick you up, just that we'd have to figure out some type of caravan (I can't transport the entire GLWC + gear!)....Sept 29-Oct 1.

Snowbear:
Anchorage School District is always looking for help.
I imagine the schools on the Kenai Peninsula (Kenai, Seward, Homer, Soldotna, etc...) are hunting as well.

AND if you end up on the KP you might be able to hook up with the UAF Science Diving program! They have a lab in Kasitsna Bay near Seldovia. I think that would be right up your alley, P. Check them out:

http://www.sfos.uaf.edu/dive/

beezwax:
I didn't say I couldn't pick you up, just that we'd have to figure out some type of caravan (I can't transport the entire GLWC + gear!)....Sept 29-Oct 1.

Darn, I hate it when I get sick on a Friday and am still not well enough to go back to work on Monday :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom