Diving daytrips FROM San Juan, Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone give me directions to the ferry from San Juan, Fort Buchanan? I cant find it on mapquest or anything. What times do they leave?

Just a note - Sea Ventures (fajardo) said that they have someone to pick up people from san juan. It costs like $25 or something.

My wife and I were thinking of Culebra and Vieques, me for diving and her for other stuff. I've heard some nice things about the islands, but also that they have reports of dengue fever - anybody know anything more about that. I presume the odds of getting that are low, but mosquitos do seem to get me first. thanks

Ahh, your in luck! I just finished my job in Culebra last month and was running the dive boat on weekends. Now Im in Vieques working and working with the LDS on weekends.
Culebra is awsome! We are doing a groopd dive trip back there this weekend. Vieques is not such great diving but there is more to do/see. Dont get me wrong, it's worth diving it's just not the ohhhahh of Culebra. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

I am also going to San Juan, but not until the end of July. I was looking at this dive op, which seems to offer both shore diving in SJ and also day trips (transportation included) to Fajardo.

http://www.diveguide.com/p2046.htm

Happy diving!

SNORKBOT, its important to note that the Normandie Hotel beach which they mention is where they do their shore dives has very low viz. averaging about 6-8'. Not exactly the best place in PR, but not a bad option either if you are limited to the SJ area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom