HELLO FROM GUANICA,PUERTO RICO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello again, here with good news, you can always add more nights or dives, if you prefer.
Scuba Diving offer 2024.png

7 nights double occupancy and 5 days of diving for 2 divers (10 two-tank dives total) for $3K? Plus tax?

7 nights double occupancy and 5 days of diving for 2 divers (10 two-tank dives total) for $3K? Plus tax?
For that fee I hope it includes plane fare....

That’s for TWO people, right? Cut that bill in half (per person) and it looks like a better deal. If I am correct and you can find a compatible diving partner…

That’s for TWO people, right?

That' what I'm trying to figure out. Copamarina is a decent, relatively expensive place, like $250+ per night per room. Their website is not showing any other dive packages other that the original (and somewhat nonsensical) 2/2/2 for $1K.
5 days of diving for 2 based on pricing in the area would be around $1100-1400 incl tax etc, 7 nights of Copamarina stay would be around $2K. So if $3K price is for 2 divers, with taxes and fees included - not a major deal, but it's an ok one. I'd call it a reasonable deal if they'd have breakfast included.
Scubadogs are located inside the resort, probably the reason for highest prices in the whole island.
We are planning to stay there Nov 24 - 29th, will update afterwards.

It says right on the poster that the prices quoted are for two guests. Bottom right quarter of image.

Hi, everyone!
We understand that you may have some questions or concerns, and we're here to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision.

Our stay and dive package is designed to offer two guests with an unforgettable experience, combining comfortable accommodation with exciting diving opportunities.

At Scuba Dogs, we take pride in offering competitive pricing without compromising on the quality of our services or the level of customer care you receive. We believe our pricing is not only fair, but also an exceptional value.

In the url bellow you'll be able to compare our price to other dive experiences in the
Caribbean.

At Scuba Dogs, we take pride in offering competitive pricing without compromising on the quality of our services or the level of customer care you receive. We believe our pricing is not only fair, but also an exceptional value.
So is $3K the overall total to be paid for 2 divers? Any taxes or fees additional, like resort fee etc?

After comparing your prices - I think in order to be putting yourself in the same category as the dive resorts you mentioned you at least have to show up as a dive center on PADI Travel... You're placing your pricing at the upper 25% tier of well established places in Caribbean - but IMHO the price should reflect your lack of exposure to the world of scuba diving.

I haven't dove with Luichy, but he isn't wrong. Guanica area is some of the best wall diving I have seen. The life is amazing as it isn't a major tourist area like Cozumel.
The big drawback to the area is lack of infrastructure. You have to fly into San Juan, rent a car and drive to the complete opposite side of the island. It isn't horrible, but it isn't easy either.

@ScubaDog I haven't been down there in several years. Are Kiko and Cashi still operating in the area?
You can also fly into Ponce, PR in the South of the Island and just 1/2 hour away from Guanica.

That' what I'm trying to figure out. Copamarina is a decent, relatively expensive place, like $250+ per night per room. Their website is not showing any other dive packages other that the original (and somewhat nonsensical) 2/2/2 for $1K.
5 days of diving for 2 based on pricing in the area would be around $1100-1400 incl tax etc, 7 nights of Copamarina stay would be around $2K. So if $3K price is for 2 divers, with taxes and fees included - not a major deal, but it's an ok one. I'd call it a reasonable deal if they'd have breakfast included.
Scubadogs are located inside the resort, probably the reason for highest prices in the whole island.
We are planning to stay there Nov 24 - 29th, will update afterwards.
Looking forward to your report in November, please tag me on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom