Puerto Rico Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sparragus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hola! I'm starting this thread to see who else in ScubaBoard is living in Puerto Rico. Say where you're from and mention your favorite places to dive.

I'm in Mayagüez.

I started diving recently so I don't know too many dive sites. All my ~17 dives have been in Guánica. Mostly with Island Scuba, but two of those were with ScubaDogs in Copamarina.

Hola! From PR, living in the northeast US currently but go back occasionally and dive. Crash Boat Beach in Aguadilla is an excellent location for shore diving. Shallow, good wildlife, interesting to navigate between the sunken platforms. As long as you're comfortable diving independently (with a buddy but no DM) it's relatively accessible and economical since you only really need to pay for the tank fills and maybe dive flag rental (no boat ticket :D). You could also hire a guide for your first time there to get your bearings.

We have November 25th and 26th mornings booked with Paradise (Parguera), 27th and 28th open for now - potentially Taino (Rincon) if Desecheo is an option or maybe Nayda with Island Scuba.

Nice! All great locations.

Used to live in PR (Isla del desEncanto) :wink::D - Santurce

As soon as "The Ultimate Diving Adventure" yacht is manned up and ready, we will come and dive Puerto Rico. For sure.

Crash Boat Beach
Must be the only beach they tell us "mainlanders" about, it is also my favorite :D -- I joke of course. El Natural just north can also be nice, if the northbound currents aren't dragging you to your death.

Now that the dive shop near Crash Boat is under new management (probably a few years ago) they have normal hours and make it easy to get tanks close by.

Taino Divers are great also, just to the south.... pretty much northwest is my fav. I hope to get to Desecheo with them eventually (tried twice, both times ended up only doing local sites, they were still great).

Hola from Rincon! We live here 1/2 time (from first sight of snow in the NE until our friends tell us we are safe to go north again). We own a place here in Rincon and love to dive Desecheo when possible (Taino Divers and Aquatica in Aguadilla both go) - we also LOVE to dive the Parguera Wall! Vieques is amazing, too.

What are best dive options when staying at Wyndham Grand Rio Mar?

Back
Top Bottom