diving in brazil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are the water temperatures around Rio and Angra in December. Need to know how much wetsuit to bring

leiserom:
What are the water temperatures around Rio and Angra in December. Need to know how much wetsuit to bring
Normally you will get from 17 - 23C depending on where you dive - so a 5mm suit will be fine.

Thanks for info. Got my ticket to Rio. Leave 12/22 return 1/2. Going to Angra probably on 12/26 for week. Everyone else can lay on the beach. I'm diving. Staying at private residence. Once I find out where house is I could use some dive operator recommendations. Wont know for awhile.

leiserom:
Thanks for info. Got my ticket to Rio. Leave 12/22 return 1/2. Going to Angra probably on 12/26 for week. Everyone else can lay on the beach. I'm diving. Staying at private residence. Once I find out where house is I could use some dive operator recommendations. Wont know for awhile.

Diversquest in Rio will, I'm sure, help you with any info you may need......they are both helpful and professional.......
e-mail........info@diversquest.com...tel:55-21-2266-4041

I was aware Diversquest is in Rio. Actually I dont think its too far from my wifes sisters apartment building. Going to try and set something up with them a day or two after I arrive.

Have looked at Aquamaster web site. They look pretty good. Waiting to find out where relatives beach house is before I book.

Fired up about going to Brazil. Its been five years since I have been there. Getting a lot of noise from inlaws about coming down there. They have made two trip to Houston since my last trip there. Guess its my turn.

We just got back from 4 days diving at Ilha Grande. We stayed at the Pousada Nautilus: Pros - comfortable & good food, own pier and nice night dive right off the doorstep. Contras - bit isolated in own bay( see photo http://www.ilhagrande.com.br/pages/br_bananal.html ).
We went as a group and used the boat Senhora dos Mares.

See this site for a list of pousadas:
http://www.angra2000.com.br/hoteis_ilha.htm

You have a choice - choose a pousada and they will help you arrange an operator or choose an operator and they will suggest a pousada. Nearly all the operators get their cylinders filled at the same place (the operator at Praia do Bananal).

Got it all set up for Ilha Grande. So far no luck in Rio for a day dive. My wife went by Diversquest and they have moved their boat to Cabo Frio or some other place. Sottomare shut down for holidays over Xmas. Wife is calling around to see if she can find anything. anybody else with any ideas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom