diving in FLL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

American Dream will have the tanks already on the boat waiting for you. Parrot Island will help you carry the tanks to the boat. Dixie Divers will want you to carry the tanks (their tanks) on and off the boat.

deepstops:
Parrot Island runs a great operation in Pompano and you can back your car up so you're only about 25' feet from the boat. They are also very service oriented so if you asked the DM to carry your tanks from/to your car, I'm sure they'd accommodate the request. That's a little more than they'd normally do so I'd tip a little more as well.

American Dream II running from the Hyatt Pier 66 also allows you to load/unload pretty close to the boat (maybe 15-20').

If you use PI's tanks - they definately load them for you.... If you bring your own - they usually load them, I suppose it depends how busy it is and how rushed you are. PI's staff is awesome.

trigfunctions:
Dixie Divers will want you to carry the tanks (their tanks) on and off the boat.

And across the parking lot, across the street, out of your car and down the gangplank.

Don't get me wrong - I go out on LDG all the time... Good captains, good DM's, big boat, can get crowded and tempermental. There are worse dock/parking situations around (SFDHQ).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom