Diving in Santa Maria, Cuba ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hafpint

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba next week and would love to do some diving while I am there. Does anyone have any info about diving in Santa Maria ?

I am going to Playa Cayo Santa Maria in march. Did you get any diving in? Any info would be greatly appriciated.

Unfortunately I did not get diving while I was in Santa Maria. It was too windy and the boats were not going out. They do offer diving from local marina for $45 per dive. None of the locals (hotel staff) knew anything about how the diving was as they themselves do not have the money to go diving.

Hopefullly Mother Nature treats you better and its not too windy !

Just to let you know, I did get a couple of dives in. Book through your rep at the hotel and you will be picked up by bus and taken to the marina. The sites are pretty good with some live corals and marine life. Saw some large grouper, rays, Lionfish, morey eels, large angel fish and the regular tropical assortment. Vis was about 70 feet. Book early because it tends to get windy and the dives will be postponed. If I hadn't gone early I would have been out of luck.

Back
Top Bottom