Diving near Seattle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BFD if the orginal post isn't really current it isn't like the sites up and dissappeared.

skunk?? what did i do??:) :D

Kayla :)

UP, I'll take you up on that offer. Later on this summer sometime ok? Besides, I have really been wanting to check out the gear you use and such. Thanks for the offer!

Later, Hawk.

Originally posted by wannabe
BFD if the orginal post isn't really current it isn't like the sites up and dissappeared.
I think I've got it figured out why you're having difficulties getting dive buddies to go with you....
I think what you're really looking for is drinking buddies...
Sunrise Beach Park=Tides Tavern
Titlow =Beach Tavern
Boat Anywhere=Reach in cooler
Keystone=too damn far home for a tavern
Redondo=Yardarm Pub
Three Tree=any trashy tavern in burien

Hmm... Posting etiquette - when is it too late to reply? I guess if the sites still exist, it's okay? Seems like people do want to talk about diving around Seattle, me included, and this looks like the place. Don't know about drinking and diving, though...

Anyhow, I dove at Edmonds Underwater Park, with Uncle Pug, and saw the some huge fish! There are underwater structures, fairly shallow, bit of a surface swim, and lots of growing things, including large anemones and seaweeds. UP very patiently watched me drop like a rock, mess up the entire area, get kicked in the head numerous times by my husband, and generally look very silly. But I think enough sea life survived my assault for the benefit of future divers. Thanks, UP! It was fun!

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

I think I've got it figured out why you're having difficulties getting dive buddies to go with you....
I think what you're really looking for is drinking buddies...

There is nothing like a frosty cold post dive beer. (I don't dive drunk or hungover for that matter)

I have plenty of drinking buddies.

Edmonds has great fish (oh if they would let you hunt there......) but it is such a pain for parking and long swim especially when you are used to GPS and dropping anchor within a few feet of where you want to be. I also tend to prefer more natural type dive sites over man made sites. Man made sites to me almost always seem like a underwater junkyard.

PT beach on the Ft Lewas and Tacoma side of the Sound was a pretty good beach dive lots of really big star fish has been a long time ago when I was there but it was still a good dive then

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom