Diving near Seattle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The park is man-made but the fish seem to love it.

The reason the fish are so big is because huntiing is not allowed.

I agree on the parking and surface swim comments. However, in the greater Seattle area this is the best shore dive around (IMHO).

The ling cod and cabezon eggs have recently hatched so they are swimming around.

Sunrise is the best shore dive -- and you get a nice hike back up the bluff to the parking area. Titlow is better.....hell, alki is better than the park. I realize that a lot of work has been done to create the park ...... I guess this is why I don't like vacations where there are loads of people around either (mountains or remote cove over LasVegas/LA/NY anyday for me) nature is far more inspiring than man made crap-- and I groove on technology stuff but billions of years of refinement kicks-ass.

My understanding of the rules for spearfishing around edmonds are such that even if you are well away from the sanctuary if you have fish and scuba gear in the boat at the same time you can be busted for poaching......I don't know if any one that writes the rules ever noticed the convienient placement of edmonds relative to getting around the outside of whidby island.

I have noticed the fish in the park can be somewhat agressive towards divers when compared to other sites (non-protected).... How natural is that? Even though KVI is a man made site it just doesn't reek of junkyard like edmonds.

Well I never saw it before:)

Back
Top Bottom