Diving on a budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

demonic_death:
Thanks for all your input guys. 700 per night accomodations is fine with me, in fact, if I can sleep in the car so much the better! But when it comes to PG it is very hard to bring your car with you.

Do you guys know the cheapest place in Anilao for an overnight? It doesn't have to include buffet meals, it just makes the package more expensive.

When it comes down to it, its ok for me to spend for the boat and DM, not on the accomodations. I'd rather dive with the cash I save on accomodations.

spoken like a true cowboy! good luck bro

here's one, rent 6 tanks then take your gear go to barangay San Luis talk to a family by the seashore and with a good size "bangka" dive from there , Ligpo dive site (Bahura, pinnacle, cavern, rockport wreck) is just 5 mins away.

Spoon:
last i heard unlimited shore dives for 1800

i was there late last year and we paid 2500 each for accommodations, meals, and the tanks. we were able to do 5 dives in one weekend. that's not too bad, i think.

Slightly to the right of Ligpo Island Resort is what appears to be an abandoned resort. Its actually private but had been neglected for a long time. A dive buddy of mine owns the place.

We have this idea of converting it to a dive camp where divers can sharpen their skills. No frills. Good straight forward food or bring your own. Bring your own tent. Water is free. Take home your trash. We have not pinned down the final format.

The tanks and compressor is yet another issue but should not be that difficult.

If you guys are interested drop me an email at dimayuga@mozcom.com. Maybe we can put something together as a community.

BARNACLE BOY:
Slightly to the right of Ligpo Island Resort is what appears to be an abandoned resort. Its actually private but had been neglected for a long time. A dive buddy of mine owns the place.

We have this idea of converting it to a dive camp where divers can sharpen their skills. No frills. Good straight forward food or bring your own. Bring your own tent. Water is free. Take home your trash. We have not pinned down the final format.

The tanks and compressor is yet another issue but should not be that difficult.

If you guys are interested drop me an email at dimayuga@mozcom.com. Maybe we can put something together as a community.

Make sure to include barbeque grills!!!!

BARNACLE BOY:

if the orientation of the right would be facing the sea, the only viable private resort would be that of Spikes Brothers place. is this the place you are refering too?

granting that costs are quite high these days, how much do you think would be the average cost of an Anilao day trip which includes 3-4 dives, tanks, meals and accomodation regardless of resort (range of values will probably do).

or better yet, if there would be such a thing as "diving allowance" (baon ika nga :D ), how much do you think should it be for Anilao?

i would say around 625 for air tanks, Add to

option 1 : Yun na yon bale 3,330 and +400 kung single accommodation tapos may aircon with meals.

option 2 : Ang hut 1,900/person 4 buffet meals.

offcourse you add the expense manila to anilao, anilao to manila

jonix:
granting that costs are quite high these days, how much do you think would be the average cost of an Anilao day trip which includes 3-4 dives, tanks, meals and accomodation regardless of resort (range of values will probably do).

or better yet, if there would be such a thing as "diving allowance" (baon ika nga :D ), how much do you think should it be for Anilao?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom