Diving the Canyon in Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dived the Canyon many times. One of my Fav's. The bottom is 30m so if you are AOW no probs. You can exit the deep exit to the dropoff but that's alot deeper.. :D
It's a great dive..
My tip is do Ricks Reef, The Canyon and then the Drop Off wall the other side, on Nitrox :D :D

The fish bowl has been closed.
Any dive guide who goes thru it is liable that their DC will get a visit from the CDWS Rangers.
It is dangerous, due to collapse and that will destroy thousands of years of coral growth.

Dont dive it please. Conserve the reef.

Yep - don't use the Fishbowl, it is in danger of collapse by all accounts - was surveyed.
Just drop straight in from above - IMHO the coolest entry anyway.

Fantastic if you approach just after other divers - all those streams of bubbles..

Don't know if they do the rock formations any good though..

As it happens I'm visiting Dahab tomorrow on a day trip. We'll dive bells to blue hole and canyon as always, so just out of curiosity: Where's this fish bowl?

As it happens I'm visiting Dahab tomorrow on a day trip. We'll dive bells to blue hole and canyon as always, so just out of curiosity: Where's this fish bowl?

Nice one I was there last week. The "fishbowl" is the slightly sloping entrance/exit (now not to be used)

If you drop in through the top, the fishbowl is the slightly sloping exit to one side... does that make sence It will when you are in at 30m :D

I did Ricks Reef and the Canyon on Nitrox, then later in the week, Blue Hole (to look at the Arches, Free Divers etc) - Canyon, back for lunch and then the Blue Hole (this time via Bells) again as the sun went down. Odd I know but great diving.. :D :D

Going to Dahab July 26, the Canyon is on my list of dives - am I correct in saying that from a photographic point of view a wide angle lens is the weapon of choice?

Going to Dahab July 26, the Canyon is on my list of dives - am I correct in saying that from a photographic point of view a wide angle lens is the weapon of choice?

Do you have the flexibility in your camera to remove the wide angle u/w?

If you do, then definitely bring it along, as there are some stunning pics to be had whilst on the floor at 30m.

If not, then you can manufacture some nice piccies anyway.

Nope - I will have my E-3 with either the 8mm Fisheye or a 12-60mm behind a dome port.

Back
Top Bottom