Diving the Florida Keyes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
Maybe this place is a good place to stay with... but we sat
one day and "tried" to count the number of divers/people
they had on one of their boats. It was in the 40's, and
we don't think we counted them all. I've never seen
a cattle boat with so many people on it. That alone
was enough to keep me from staying there.

I don't know when you stayed there Mike was it a weekend or holiday weekend? We stayed there 11-21 thru 11-27 and dove with them on 11-24 Turkey day. There was only about 10 people on the boat that could easily hold 30 or more and I took notice that there was rarely more than 10-12 during the week. However friday night and saturday they started to fill up and I'm sure they had full boats all weekend. The rooms were clean and comfortable and everything worked. The housekeeping was so good it was unreal it did not seem to matter what time of day we went out but when we came back the room was cleaned,beds made and clean towels and such.
Ed:D

es601:
I don't know when you stayed there Mike was it a weekend or holiday weekend? We stayed there 11-21 thru 11-27 and dove with them on 11-24 Turkey day. There was only about 10 people on the boat that could easily hold 30 or more and I took notice that there was rarely more than 10-12 during the week. However friday night and saturday they started to fill up and I'm sure they had full boats all weekend. The rooms were clean and comfortable and everything worked. The housekeeping was so good it was unreal it did not seem to matter what time of day we went out but when we came back the room was cleaned,beds made and clean towels and such.
Ed:D

Yes... it was over a holiday weekend, but overall I didn't think the keys were
that crowded that weekend. Their boat was the only one I saw that was
packed.

I'm not saying don't use them, I've heard good things about them. But boy
their boat was packed.... We actually sat there and tried to count the
number of divers. I think I actually took a pic of it because of all the people
on it. (I'll see if I can find it).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom