Diving This Sat or Sun in Laguna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might have to rethink this dive on Sat. -- visibility listed as "gooey brown" on LSS site today. I can deal with 5-10ft. visibility, but gooey brown? If visibility gets better by Sat. I'll still go.

Steve

I need to be back at my place by 11AM, so I will only be able to make the first dive (barely). To help me out... can we arrive a little earlier? Maybe 7:00 AM instead of 7:30 AM?

stoddu:
I'm the guy with the white tank that dove with Aaron when we did the Deadman's Reef dive a couple weeks ago.
I had the privilege on giving Steve a wonderful tour of the sand just west and south of Dead Man's. Or was it east and south of Dead Man's.

My navigation was "a little" off that day. :wink:

SNOBORDJON:
Yeah thats cool meterman. I think there will be about 4 or five other people going, but most with about the same experience level. Aaron has a lot of experience and is good with leading the dives. Seth and I have about the same experience, but he has a fan club. And I haven't dove with Jim before, so if he goes, it will be good to meet him as well. I dont believe I've met steve either, so lots of introductions.

Phil...I know youre still on a high from Thailand...You down to go this weekend?
Kara you diving this weekend?

John

I might be able to go on Sunday. I am helping a friend move to Phoenix Friday and Saturday, so it would depend how late we get back into town. What time you all meeting up on Sunday and where? I got 6 dives in last weekend at Catalina, and can't wait to get back in the water.

I can't make it this Saturday because I have to work, but just wanted to tell the people concerned with the vis and temperature that I dove Deadman's twice yesterday with about 20 feet of vis and it was 60 degrees. So, it was pretty clear and not very cold. Note that LSS said gooey brown for Shaw's and they were probably right from the looks of it, but Deadman's was great.

If I didn't have to work, I would definitely try this dive again tomorrow. Of course, you won't know what the vis is like unless you actually go and check it out. :wink:

Christian

i was just wondering if anyones still going tommorow morning? where?what time? where are you meeting? thanks.......brian

After reading Christian's report, sounds like it's worth hitting Crescent. I can do two dives tomorrow morning. Is the plan still to meet at 7:30 at N. Crescent? Who will be there tomorrow so I know who to look for?

-Scott

meterman:
i was just wondering if anyones still going tommorow morning? where?what time? where are you meeting? thanks.......brian
Yeah, Were still diving tomorrow.
Per Aarons request 7am meet at S. Crescent entrance to start gearing up.
Per headhunters dive report we will be diving deadmans. After the dive we can contemplate another.

Sunday is not set in stone yet, but Im thinking of someplace different. Maybe woods cove or little corona...its up for discussion.

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!
John

Back
Top Bottom