Diving with cops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just came in from diving. It was great we had like 20 foot viz at 10 feet

I also decided to try becoming a reserve office for the local pd.

Later

You could always take a donut on a long string and leave it where they can see it, when they reach for it, jerk the string! Then, pop up exclaiming "Bad COP! No donut"!

ScubaPete once bubbled...
Just came in from diving. It was great we had like 20 foot viz at 10 feet

I also decided to try becoming a reserve office for the local pd.

Later

All that in one dive? Man, you *were* narc'd.....

(can I say narc'd in a discussion involving cops?)

:goofy:

I was talking to my dive buddy who is a sargant for the police department.

We had the whole drive to talk about it.

I've grown up around officers. Everybody that I have ever gone diving with so far either works in the field, or has worked in the field. There great guys..... and they always take jokes really well... just don't over play it. When there not on the job, they don't like to think about it.... just like anyone I think. Glad you had a good dive.... becoming a reserve officer would be a lot of fun I think. I plan to be an officer when I'm old enough.... not too many years down the road.

Dive Safe. :)

Kayla:)

For us modern healthy healthy cops it's bottled water and bran muffins instead of coffee and donuts

Been an officer for over 25 years.

1) Chocolate glazed are the best, no sprinkles. Don't bring sprinkles! I've arrested people for less. Also, you need to get real donuts from a family run shop.

2) I live in Texas, therefore, you must also bring Dr. Pepper, in a cup, with ice, and extra ice and DP in a cooler.

randyjoy once bubbled...
Been an officer for over 25 years.

1) Chocolate glazed are the best, no sprinkles. Don't bring sprinkles! I've arrested people for less. Also, you need to get real donuts from a family run shop.

2) I live in Texas, therefore, you must also bring Dr. Pepper, in a cup, with ice, and extra ice and DP in a cooler.
Randy sorry couldnt resist

couple of corrections

1. must be a krispy kreme choclate covered glazed donuts

2. the DP must be from dublin ( had a couple for the first tiem this summer and oh man what a rush)

hi scubapete and everyone else,

i had a good time reading your comments. I just had a donut an hour ago. working the night shift. I agree with your comments some cops get upset about the donut thing, it depends on the context of the comment. not good to mention it after you just duked it out during an arrest. i think most guys take it well.

as for talking about the job, some of us do other things to get away from the job. however, we understand that some people are interested in what we do. i normally don't talk about work when i am away from it. i rather talk about diving or flying. if someone brings up the job i use it as an opportunity to educate them on what goes on, on the other side of the thin blue line. i'm sorry, for those who do not know what the blue line is, we consider ourselves as the thin blue line between the good guys and the bad guys.

enjoy the donuts and dive safe.

:D

Love the Donut fish idea!!!

How about next time you dive with us Copper types, put a Donut in a zip lock bag and attach it to your fins. That way you can lead a dive and ensure your buddy is always with you!

I worked with the local search and rescue group training their dogs in a local lake. So I guess you could call me a cadiver!!! It was very interesting to see first hand how they train these dogs. However, it was a very long day and man was I frozen by the time the training was finished. A lot of sit and wait under the water is involved.

signed CADIVER DIVER

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom