Diving with cops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took my AOW and Rescue classes with a few cops and my dad is a 26 year. vet. in the Austin PD. They don't like doughnuts....... :(

But they LOOOOOOVE Ding Dongs.:D I've never seen anyone eat that many DDs. They literally go through a box a SI. I think they'd eat 'em underwater if they could, hell they dip snuff while diving so they might try it one day.

I'm making the doughnut fish as we speak....

Yeah Iloveocopus,
Search resque training is a lot of hurry up and wait. But it gets you and the dogs ready for action

Here's a stupid idea:

I've always wanted to shoot a gun underwater...
However, I think that I know what'll happen. It'd probably blow up. It's gonna be full of water so the pressure of the round can't get away.. hence a blow up..

What a stupid idea, and I know it... :boom:

I wanna be Anonymous,

:eek:ut:

Although I'm not a big fan of Glocks, they can be shot underwater with a kit modification. As long as the pressure inside and outside of the barrel is the same, it won't explode. I don't know whether or not my SIGs will shoot under water, as I really don't want to test it out and they're really prone to rust.

I would think that the sound wave from the gunshot could severely hurt your hearing under water.

Here's a neat gun designed by HK for underwater shooting: http://www.hkpro.com/peleven.htm

Shooting glocks underwater, go here:

http://www.glockfaq.com/generalinfo.htm#h2o

As for cops and donuts, I've never met so many people on the atkins diet than I have among the LE crowd. Donuts, and their truckload of carbs are an Atkin's no-no.

I think I'll stick to celery and peanut butter. MMmmmm.

:mean: Balderdash!

Powerheads, using anything from .22 lr to .223+ are used all the time by experienced spearfishermen, who do not suffer ear damage from sound waves, it is a fallacy that shooting a rd underwater will injure your ears (there are some exceptions), hoods make it even more manageable. Glocks seem to be the pistolas I hear of divers using, though I can't think of any reason why any gun will not fire underwater, powerheads have the equivalent of a snubby barrel, so it may be that the additional water pressure of a longer barrel would create a problem (most guns will be damaged by water immersion however) enjoy zeN||

as long as your bullet is water tight. the spark will egnight the powder and .....Kaboooom.

I was diving at breakwater one day and there were some fishing boats nearby going after squid from what i was told. About every minute or so they would toss a seal bomb in the water. It is a loud explosion used to scare away the seals and are also illegal. I have never heard something so loud and powerful underwater. You could feel the vibrations through the water. Even though they were away from me a bit it sounded like they were going off right next to me. I have been around quite a few explosives and it still made me jump the first few times. I remember thinking what the heck was that. Caught me off guard as i didnt know what it was and why explosives were being tossed in the water.It was quite an experience :D

Seems like the badguys are all turning into marathon runners/muscle bound cyborgs and the patrol cars are getting smaller. Gotta watch those waistlines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom